Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Ophthalmology (603904)
Specialized in: ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Ophthalmology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with diseases of the eye and its appendages. The department's competence includes both conservative and surgical treatment. In addition, the department's ophthalmologists specialize in emergency ophthalmology. The department's specialists consult patients on all questions in ophthalmology, including consultations before surgical treatment. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. André Mermoud.
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art technology, which allow the doctors to provide specialized ophthalmic diagnostics and treatment. The department's special pride is the only FLEX imaging system in Europe, as well as an operating room with the devices for femtosecond laser refractive eye surgery.
The key focuses of the department's clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of emergency ophthalmic conditions (for example, sudden vision loss, venous and arterial occlusion of the retinal vessels, retinal detachment)
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the eyelids, orbit and tear ducts
- Dry eye syndrome
- Tear duct inflammation, infectious lesions or blockage
- Eyelid lesions (for example, entropion and ectropion)
- Diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma (acute and chronic types)
- Diagnostics and treatment of cataracts, including secondary types
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory eye diseases (conjunctivitis is of particular interest)
- Diagnostics and treatment of age-related macular degeneration
- Diagnostics and treatment of refractive errors
- Diagnostics and treatment of other ophthalmic pathologies
- Since 2014 Director of the Swiss Visio Network, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Since 2007 Foundation of the Section for Glaucoma at the Clinique de Montchoisi, Lausanne.
- 1994 - 2007 Assistant Professor, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 1994 Visiting Professor, Christian Medical Center, Vellore, India.
- 1993 Research Internship in Glaucoma and Uveitis, Doheny Eye Institute and University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- 1991 - 1992 Internship for the study of glaucoma, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1987 - 1991 Training in Ophthalmology, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 1994 Board certification in Ophthalmic Surgery, Swiss Society of Ophthalmology (SSO), Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1991 Board certification in Ophthalmology, Swiss Society of Ophthalmology (SSO), Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO).
- French Society for Glaucoma.
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS).
- Paris Society of Ophthalmology.
- Vision for all.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Ophthalmology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.