Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (603907)
Specialized in: plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the full range of services in the areas of its specialization. The department's plastic surgeons have a perfect command of the cutting-edge surgical techniques to correct defects of appearance. The most popular procedures include rejuvenation procedures, tumor removal and correction of defects after surgery, scar revision and correction of malformations. The department is headed by Dr. med. Laurent Smeets.
All procedures are preceded by the individual consultations, during which the doctor carefully listens to the wishes of the patient and offers optimal solutions to the problem. In the case of serious corrective surgical procedures, 3D modeling of the expected result is carried out. To correct defects in the face and body, flap surgery and implants are mostly used. The wrinkles in the face and neck can be treated using high-quality fillers, as well as botulinum toxin, hyaluronic acid injections.
When performing plastic surgery, the specialists set themselves the goal of improving the patient's appearance and increasing his self-esteem. Reconstructive surgery is aimed at restoring the lost or deformed (as a result of trauma or from birth) part of the human body, not only anatomically, but also functionally. The most common intervention in this field is breast reconstruction, which has become an integral part of breast cancer treatment. The procedure allows the doctor to restore the volume and shape of the female breast, and also significantly improves the patient's quality of life.
The team of the department's surgeons cooperates closely with doctors of various medical disciplines, including mammologists, orthopedists, traumatologists, general and vascular surgeons, etc.
The surgical options of the department include:
- Facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Face and neck lift
- Eye lift
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Revision of facial scars, including after tumor removal
- Plastic and reconstructive breast surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Body contouring
- Buttock augmentation using implants and the patient’s own fat
- Surgical treatment of gynecomastia in men
- Intimate plastic surgery
- Treatment of wrinkles with fillers, Botox and hyaluronic acid
- Other medical services
- Since 2017
- Medical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hôpital de la Providence, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- Medical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, Clinique Générale, Friborg, Switzerland.
- Medical Specialist, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hôpital Daler, Friborg, Switzerland.
- Medical Specialist, Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier, Genolier, Switzerland.
- Consulting Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Neuchâtel Cantonal Hospital, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
- 2015 - 2017 Work as Physician at the Brugmann University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2014 Scholarship Program in Aesthetic Surgery, Ghent, Belgium.
- 2013 - 2014 Scholarship Program on Microsurgical Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia.
- 2012 - 2014 Scholarship Program on Breast Reconstructive Surgery and Microsurgery, Queen Victoria Hospital, England.
- 2010 Scholarship Program on Aesthetic Surgery, Montreux, Switzerland.
- Since 2015 Academic Career at the Free University of Brussels and the University Hospital Brugmann, Belgium.
- 2012 Lecturer in Microsurgery, Free University of Brussels, Belgium.
- 2011 - 2013 Teaching Career in Australia and England.
- 2001 - 2005 Lecturer of Anatomy in the Department of Anatomy at the University of Liège.
- 2003 - 2005 Lecturer of Histology and Histopathology in the Department of Histology, University of Liège.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2012 Master's Degree in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Liège, Belgium.
- 2008 - 2012 Clinical training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hôpital du Sart Tilman, Liège, Belgium.
- 2006 - 2008 Clinical training in General Surgery, Hôpital du Sart Tilman, Liège, Belgium.
- 2006 Doctoral Degree in Medicine (with honors), University of Liège, Belgium.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS).
- Swiss Society of Aesthetic Surgery.
- Royal Belgian Society for Plastic Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.