Clinic de Genolier Genolier
Department of Rheumatology (603909)
Specialized in: rheumatology
About the department
The Department of Rheumatology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier offers the high-precision diagnostics and effective treatment of pathological lesions of the joints, bones and soft tissues. The experienced doctors, who have all the necessary resources and high professionalism for high-quality medical care, take care of the health of the musculoskeletal system of patients. The Head of the department is Dr. med. Yves Jaccard.
In most cases, such diagnostic tests as radiography and laboratory tests, including general and complete blood count, rheumatoid factor test, etc. are sufficient to detect rheumatic disorders. Based on the diagnostic data, the doctor develops an optimal treatment regimen – most rheumatic diseases are treated conservatively.
Drug treatment is often supplemented by physiotherapeutic methods, which in combination helps to achieve complete cure of the patient or alleviate pain syndrome. It is worth noting that physiotherapy plays an important role in the treatment of many rheumatic diseases. The individually designed complexes help patients to work out muscle groups, which are rarely used in everyday life, to prevent limitation of the range of motion.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic bone lesions
- Diagnostics and treatment of degenerative rheumatic diseases
- Rheumatic spinal lesions
- Diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of periarticular disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of muscular diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of other rheumatic diseases
- Since 1996 Head of the Department of Rheumatology at the Clinic de Genolier Genolier.
- Since 1995 Consulting Physician for Rheumatology, Columbia Centre Médical, Meyrin, and SWICA Centre de Santé, Geneva.
- 1993 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Permanence Médico-Chirurgicale SA, Geneva.
- 1992 - 1993 Medical Office at the Clinic in Vevey.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 1993 Board certification in Rheumatology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1987 - 1989 Training in Internal Medicine, University Hospital Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 1985 - 1986 Training in Internal Medicine, Hôpital de Loëx, Bernex, Switzerland.
- 1984 - 1985 Training in Internal Medicine, Hôpital de la Zone, Montreux, Switzerland.
- 1983 - 1984 Training in Internal Medicine, Hôpital Monney, Châtel-Saint-Denis, Switzerland.
- 1982 - 1983 Training in General Surgery, Hôpital de la Gruyère, Riaz, Switzerland.
- 1975 - 1982 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Geneva.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Association of Rheumatology of Canton of Vaud.
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Medical Association of Canton of Vaud.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique de Genolier
Department of Rheumatology.
Clinic de Genolier Genolier:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.