Clinic Valmont Montreux
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation (114091)
Specialized in: orthopedic rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Clinic Valmont Montreux offers the full range of medical services in the area of its specialization. The department admits for rehabilitation patients with degenerative or inflammatory diseases of the bone system, joints and spine, as well as with the consequences of fractures. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Hubert Raemy.
The rehabilitation program is developed for each patient individually with the participation of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nutritionists, psychologists and, if necessary, orthopedic surgeons and rheumatologists. The aim of all rehabilitation measures is to maximally restore the patient's mobility and improve his quality of life. The exceptional professionalism of the doctors, as well as the impeccable technical equipment of the department, guarantee patients the best results.
The department specializes in rehabilitation for the following orthopedic diseases and pathological conditions:
- Conditions after joint replacement (hip, knee, shoulder)
- Conditions after musculoskeletal injuries (especially after surgical treatment)
- Conditions after polytrauma
- Conditions after spinal disc herniation repair surgery
- Condition after lumbar spine arthrodesis
- Conditions after surgery for spinal stenosis
- Chronic diseases and chronic pain syndromes
- Inflammatory rheumatic diseases (for example, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia)
- Other pathological conditions and diseases
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Restoration of joint functions, muscle system
- Restoration of motor skills with the help of improved muscle tone
- Provision of early verticalization
- Endurance training for the restoration of walking skills
- Balance improvement
- Increased range of motion in various joints
- Pool activities
- Adaptive physical training
- Training on a bicycle ergometer and a classic exercise bike for endurance improvement
- Training of dynamic and static balance, climbing for the coordination of movements of the upper and lower limbs
- Reaction development by means of sports games
- Occupational therapy
- Restoration of maximum independence in everyday life: personal hygiene, dressing, cooking, etc.
- Restoration of sensitivity
- Restoration of the functions of the arm, hand and fingers
- Training on the Wii Balance Board simulator for balance improvement
- Neuropsychological care using card games, special computer programs
- Memory restoration
- Restoration of cognitive functions
- Restore ability to plan further actions
- Improvement of information processing speed
- Speech therapy for speech recovery
- Manual therapy
- Other rehabilitation measures
- 2014 Head of the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation, Clinic Valmont Montreux.
- 2007 - 2014 Orthopedic Surgeon, Hospital in Freiburg.
- 1985 - 2014 Private Practice, Freiburg.
- 1985 - 2007 Surgeon, Garcia and Sainte-Anne Private Clinic, Freiburg.
- 1985 - 1991 Consultant in Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital in Freiburg.
- 1985 Board certification in Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery.
- 1984 Doctorate in Medicine, Universities of Freiburg and Basel.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique Valmont
Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
Clinic Valmont Montreux:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.