Clinic Valmont Montreux
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation (26269)
Specialized in: neurological rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Neurological Rehabilitation at the Clinic Valmont Montreux offers all the options of modern medicine for the restoration of lost motor skills, speech, swallowing and cognitive functions in patients with nervous system diseases. The department is headed by Dr. med. Julien Bogousslavsky.
The aim of rehabilitation treatment is to maximize the patient's reintegration into the usual everyday life. All programs are designed for a specific type of disease and are adapted to each clinical case individually. Important attention is paid to the psychological aspect, so that the patient can accept the changes and limitations caused by the neurological pathology.
The first stage of rehabilitation is the comprehensive diagnostics and assessment of the patient's condition followed by an interdisciplinary board, during which the department's doctors determine the specific rehabilitation purposes and select the most effective therapeutic measures. The patients receive medical care from the experienced physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, nutritionists and specially trained nursing staff.
The department specializes in rehabilitation for the following neurological diseases:
- Parkinson's disease, as well as other motor disorders
- Multiple sclerosis, as well as other inflammatory lesions of the nervous system
- Sleep disorders
- Alzheimer's disease and other mental and memory disorders
- Degenerative diseases with brain and cerebellar lesions
- Migraines and cephalgia
- Spinal cord pathologies
- Chronic pains
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- Pathologies of the spine and intervertebral discs
- Head injuries
- Intracranial tumors, as well as spinal cord tumors
- Vestibular disorders
- Other diseases
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- Restoration of joint functions, muscle system
- Restoration of motor skills with the help of improved muscle tone
- Provision of early verticalization
- Endurance training for the restoration of walking skills
- Balance improvement
- Increased range of motion in various joints
- Pool activities
- Adaptive physical training
- Training on a bicycle ergometer and a classic exercise bike for endurance improvement
- Training of dynamic and static balance, climbing for the coordination of movements of the upper and lower limbs
- Reaction development by means of sports games
- Occupational therapy
- Restoration of maximum independence in everyday life: personal hygiene, dressing, cooking, etc.
- Restoration of sensitivity
- Restoration of the functions of the arm, hand and fingers
- Training on the Wii Balance Board simulator for balance improvement
- Neuropsychological care using card games, special computer programs
- Memory restoration
- Restoration of cognitive functions
- Restore ability to plan further actions
- Improvement of information processing speed
- Speech therapy for speech recovery
- Manual therapy
- Other rehabilitation measures
- Since 2007 Visiting Professor (Master in Neuroscience), University of Franche-Comté.
- Since 1987 PD title.
- 1996 - 2006 Ordinary Professor of Neurology, University of Lausanne.
- 1996 - 2006 Head of the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Lausanne.
- Studied Neurology at the Universities of Geneva, Lausanne and Zurich.
- 1984 - 1985 Research Fellow at the University of Western Ontario.
- 1983 Board certification in Neurology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- 1978 Doctorate in Medicine.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Secretary General of the World Federation of Neurology.
- Chair of the World Society of Brain Attacks.
Prizes and Awards
- Feinberg Award from the American Heart Association.
Editorial Activities in Scientific Journals
- "European Neurology".
- "Frontiers in Neurology and Neuroscience".
- "Case Reports in Neurology".
Photo of the doctor: (c) Clinique Valmont
Department of Neurological Rehabilitation.
Clinic Valmont Montreux:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.