Costa Rica Bluezone San Jose
Department of Dentistry (303006)
Alejandro Sáenz Gutiérrez
Specialized in: dentistry
About the Department of Dentistry at Costa Rica Bluezone San Jose
The Department of Dentistry at the Costa Rica Bluezone San Jose offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in this field. Of particular interest are the placement of dental implants, ceramic veneers, ceramic crowns, fixed bridges, inlays and onlays, root canal treatment, teeth whitening, digital smile design, etc. The dentists work for the benefit of their patients, providing them with perfect dental health and a beautiful smile. The department is headed by Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Alejandro Sáenz Gutiérrez.
Implantology is one of the key focuses of the department. With the very latest medical techniques, the department's doctors have the opportunity to offer patients both the placement of single implants and the restoration of the entire dentition by means of All-on-4 and -6 implants. A dental implant is placed on the patient’s own root system or on a pin implanted in the jaw. A retained root system or a pin provide excellent fixation of dentures. The department also offers Zygoma implants, which are used for the restoration of the upper jaw bone in severe bone resorption. They can also be applied when the condition of the bone does not allow to perform reliable fixation of the prosthesis (fixed bridges or removable dentures). The dental implant Zygoma is a unique opportunity for the restoration of highly resorbed upper jaw within a single surgical intervention.
The department's tasks also include the placement of ceramic veneers, which are very popular today. Veneers are thin plates made of durable ceramic in the shape of a tooth. They are made in a professional dental laboratory on an individual order, taking into account the shape and color. The veneers are attached to the front of the tooth, thereby creating a beautiful and attractive smile.
In addition, the department's dentists implant ceramic crowns, which can be applied for the treatment of patients with broken or damaged teeth, very large or cracked fillings. The crowns can completely cover the tooth surface and restore its natural shape and size. The crown protects and strengthens the structure of teeth, which cannot be restored by means of fillings or other types of therapy.
The service range is complemented by the placement of ceramic bridges, which serve for the replacement of missing teeth, as well as the placement of ceramic linings, which are used for the conservative treatment of teeth with large defective fillings or severe caries. The veneers are an ideal alternative to crowns, since a smaller part of the dental tissue is removed during their preparation. The department's doctors are also responsible for the installation of composite fillings and root canal treatment.
The most popular procedure in the field of cosmetic dentistry is teeth whitening. This is a simple, non-invasive dental procedure, which is used for the colour change of natural tooth enamel. It is an ideal way to improve the beauty of a smile. The main indications for tooth whitening are fluorosis (excessive fluoridation during tooth development), the natural wear of the outer layer of the tooth and staining of the teeth while taking medication. The department also performs an innovative Zoom2 teeth whitening procedure. This procedure is safe, effective and takes little time.
The service range of the department includes:
- Professional tooth cleaning
- Dental implantation, including restoration of the entire dentition using All-on-4 and -6 implants
- Placement of Zygoma implants
- Placement of ceramic and zirconium crowns
- Placement of ceramic veneers
- Placement of fixed bridges
- Placement of zirconium bridges using CAD/CAM Tech components
- Placement of ceramic inlays and onlays
- Teeth whitening, including Zoom2 technique
- Composite fillings
- Root canal treatment
- Smile makeover
- Digital smile design
- Bone implant placement
- Upper jaw reconstruction
- Placement of hybrid retention element for the fixation of dentures using milled CAD/CAM Tech components
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Tooth extraction
- Dental prosthetics
- Treatment of gum diseases
- Orthodontics, placement of dental braces
- Other dental services
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Alejandro Sáenz Gutiérrez
Education and Professional Career
- 1991 Universidad de Costa Rica, Doctor of Dental Surgery.
- 2001 Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia, Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Master of Science in Dentistry.
- TMJ replacement and endoscopic surgery, Biomet, Jacksonville, Florida.
- Training on zygomatic implants, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Facial and oral laser surgery, Florence, Italy.
- June 2012 - June 2013 Dental Implants Continuum, University of Pennsylvania.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Costa Rican Dentist Association.
- Costa Rican Academy of Maxillofacial Surgery.
- ICOI Active Member.
- Member of Piezosurgery Academy.
- Chair of Oral Surgery, Universidad de Costa Rica.
- Maxillofacial Surgeon of Prosthodontics Specialty, Universidad de Costa Rica.
- Coordinator of Oral Surgery Fellowship, Universidad de Costa Rica.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Costa Rica Bluezone
Department of Dentistry.
Costa Rica Bluezone San Jose:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.