DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Gastroenterology (25822)
Specialized in: gastroenterology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers the full range of services in this field and specializes in carrying out all diagnostic and therapeutic manipulations in abdominal diseases – those of the gastrointestinal tract, esophagus, liver, gallbladder and pancreas. The doctors of the department have state-of-the-art equipment, as well as unique innovative treatments, therefore they guarantee an optimal result. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Till Wehrmann.
The service range of the department includes:
- Endoscopic ultrasound (detailed examination of the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, bile ducts and pancreas)
- Gastroscopy (imaging diagnostics and treatment of pathological changes in the esophagus, stomach and duodenum)
- Colonoscopy (imaging diagnostics and treatment of pathological changes in the colon and rectum, including the anus)
- Capsular endoscopy (imaging examination of the entire small intestine with an endoscopic capsule equipped with a video camera and an image transmitter)
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space (examination of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, abdominal vessels, bladder and prostate or uterus, including a biopsy of all these organs)
- Functional diagnostics (study of motility of the esophagus and other parts of the gastrointestinal tract by measuring pressure and acidity levels)
- Radiological diagnostics (X-ray, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, positron emission tomography in combination with computed tomography (PET-CT) in cooperation with the Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Other medical services
- 1980 - 1986 Study of Medicine at the Universities of Kiel and Frankfurt.
- 1986 - 1987 Clinical training in the field of Internal Medicine, Municipal Hospital Hanau and University Hospital Frankfurt (under the direction of Prof. Dr. W. F. Caspary).
- 1993 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1994 Recognized as a Medical Specialist in Gastroenterology.
- 1996 Habilitation. Subject: "Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction". Senior Physician at the University Hospital Frankfurt.
- 2000 Chief Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine I, Siloah Hospital at the regional hospital of Hannover.
- 2002 Appointed as a Visiting Professor at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt.
- 2006 2006 Additional position – Head of the Department of Endoscopy, Oststadt Hospital at the regional hospital of Hannover.
- 2008 Chief Physician of the Department of Gastroenterology at the DKD HElIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
The main clinical focuses of Prof. Wehrmann include interventional endoscopy and motility disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. Other areas of specialization include sedation and treatment of urgent clinical cases, proctology, nutrition medicine. In 2007, Prof. served as Chairman of the Section of endoscopy of the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestion and Metabolic Disorders (DGVS). In October 2011, Prof. Wehrmann was elected a Secretary of the Section Endoscopy of DGVS, and now is a Member of the Board of Directors of DGVS. Since 2008, he is the coordinator of S3 guidelines "Sedation in gastrointestinal endoscopy" DGVS (the first version in 2008, an updated version in 2015). He also participated in the development of several other recommendations on endoscopy (for example, the quality of endoscopy of the gastrointestinal tract in reflux disease).
Department of Gastroenterology.
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home