DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Gynecology (25823)
Specialized in: gynecology
About the department
The Department of Gynecology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers the full range of services in this field. The focus is on diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases, gynecological oncology, prevention and early detection of cervical dysplasia, treatment of hormonal disorders, pelvic floor pathology and urinary incontinence. The department is headed by Dr. med. Gabriele Huhn.
Diagnostic and operating rooms are fitted out with the state-of-the-art technical equipment, including that for laparoscopic interventions. There are excellent opportunities for interventional diagnostics and therapy (for example, fine needle aspiration puncture, high-speed puncture biopsy, vacuum aspiration biopsy).
One of the priority areas of the department is the diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases. To ensure comprehensive medical care in this field, the department maintains close cooperation with the Center for Mammography and Breast Cancer Screening Wiesbaden. The therapeutic options for the treatment of breast cancer include surgical treatment, hormonal therapy and chemotherapy. In cooperation with the Department of Oncology, there is also offered quality post-operative care after breast cancer treatment. In addition, there are provided both diagnostics and treatment of pathological changes in the mammary gland in men, benign breast diseases in women.
Of particular interest is the treatment of gynecologic cancers. If necessary, the treatment of malignant diseases of the uterus, cervix and ovaries is provided in cooperation with the Department of Urology, Abdominal Surgery and other specialized departments of the clinic.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases
- Mammography (digital)
- High-resolution sonography (Sono-CT, panoramic scanning, three-dimensional, four-dimensional, color and Power Doppler, duplex scanning, elastography, contrast-enhance sonography)
- Ultrasound- or mammography-guided techniques for preoperative tumor biopsy (fine needle puncture, aspiration)
- Cytological studies
- Conventional surgical interventions on the mammary gland
- Organ-preserving breast surgery
- Reconstructive breast surgery
- Lymph node removal (lymphadenectomy)
- Sentinel lymph node removal (sentinel lymphadenectomy)
- Diagnosis and treatment of pathological changes in male breast
- Other services
- Diagnosis and treatment of female oncological diseases (uterine, cervical and ovarian cancer)
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Open surgery
- Sparing surgical interventions (removal of fibroids, removal of the uterus)
- Other treatments
- Prevention, early detection, diagnosis and treatment of cervical dysplasia
- Cytological studies
- HPV test
- Cervical conization
- Other services
- Diagnosis and treatment of hormonal disorders (in concomitant diseases, such as diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, pituitary diseases – in close cooperation with endocrinologists and specialists in internal medicine)
- Premenstrual syndrome
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Irregular periods and bleedings
- Infertility and pregnancy problems
- Hormonal contraception
- Menopause and elimination of its symptoms
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of other hormonal disorders in women
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor pathology and urinary incontinence (in interdisciplinary collaboration with the Departments of Urology and Proctology)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) DKD Helios Klinik Wiesbaden
Department of Gynecology.
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.