DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine (25826)
Specialized in: pediatric and adolescent medicine
The Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of diseases in children and adolescents. The department specializes in the treatment of both congenital and acquired diseases of the kidneys, endocrine glands, gastrointestinal tract, lungs and respiratory tract, rheumatic and neurological diseases, etc. Thanks to a long experience and the very latest diagnostic and treatment methods available, a competent team of specialists ensures an optimal treatment of young patients. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Markus Knuf.
In addition to a wide range of treatment of somatic diseases, the department's scope of tasks includes pediatric and adolescent psychology, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of diseases caused by the combined effects of mental, physical and social factors (psychosomatic disorders).
In each of the department’s specialization areas, its doctors offer accurate diagnosis, identification of the causes of the disease, effective treatment that meets the international European recommendations, as well as follow-up and, if necessary, special trainings.
The department offers diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases:
- Chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- Functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (including dysphagia, constipation, encopresis)
- Short bowel syndrome
- Chronic liver diseases (including hepatitis B and C, congenital disorders of copper metabolism, care for patients with liver transplantation)
- Diseases of joints, muscles and connective tissues (rheumatic diseases)
- Celiac disease
- Obesity (including long-term follow-up, individual and group training)
- Congenital kidney and urinary tract malformations
- Functional bladder disorders, bladder training, including biofeedback therapy
- Chronic inflammatory vascular disease
- Bronchial asthma
- Neurodermatitis (atopic eczema)
- Allergies and food intolerance
- Type 1 Diabetes Center (manifestation, long-term follow-up, treatment of acute complications, revision of treatment tactics, including setting up an insulin pump, age-adapted trainings for children and parents)
- And other diseases
- Wiesbaden, Germany