DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine and Allergology (25829)
Specialized in: pulmonology, thoracic surgery, sleep medicine, allergology
About the department
The Department of Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine and Allergology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden covers the whole spectrum of modern diagnostics and therapy in these fields. It treats all benign and malignant diseases of the lungs, respiratory tract (bronchi), pleura and mediastinum. The department is equipped with the state-of-the-art imaging equipment, which allows for timely detection of the slightest violations of the respiratory system. In addition, the department specializes in the treatment of sleep disorders and allergic diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Tim Hirche.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostic examinations
- Pulmonary function testing
- Blood oxygen level measurement
- Lung diffusion testing
- Arterial blood gas test
- Measurement of nitric oxide in exhaled air
- Stress tests witt oxygen measurement
- Ultrasound of the lungs and thorax
- Allergic tests: skin prick testing and laboratory tests
- Sleep study: polygraphy (for example, in obstructive sleep apnea)
- ECG at rest
- X-ray studies
- CT scan
- Other examinations
- Therapeutic services
- Treatment of chronic cough
- Treatment of bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Treatment of bronchial asthma
- Treatment of pulmonary emphysema
- Treatment of pulmonary fibrosis
- Treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Treatment of allergic alveolitis
- Treatment of sarcoidosis
- Treatment of occupational lung diseases caused by exposure to contaminants (for example, asbestosis, silicosis)
- Treatment of systemic diseases that affect the lungs (for example, collagenosis, rheumatism)
- Treatment of benign and malignant lung tumors
- Treatment of infectious diseases of the lungs, for example, pneumonia and tuberculosis
- Treatment of rare lung diseases (for example, cystic fibrosis, ciliary dyskinesia, alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency, histiocytosis X)
- Treatment after transplant rejection (for example, after bone marrow transplantation)
- Treatment of pleural effusions and pleurisy
- Treatment of other lung and respiratory diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Central sleep apnea
- Cheyne-Stokes respiration (periodic breathing)
- Alveolar hypoventilation for chronic diseases of the lungs, skeleton and muscles
- Other sleep disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases
- Hay fever
- Allergic rhinitis, including chronic one
- Allergic bronchial asthma
- Exogenous allergic alveolitis
- Other allergic reactions
- 1993 - 1999 Study of Human Medicine, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt.
- 07/1996 - 07/1997 Study of Human Medicine, Claude Bernard Lyon 1, Lyon, France.
- 10/1998 - 02/1999 One-year practice, Oxford University, England.
- 02/1999 - 06/1999 One-year practice, University of Bloemfontein, Republic of South Africa.
Professional and Scientific Activities
- 11/1999 - 06/2008 Doctor with specialization in Pulmonology and Allergology (Head: Prof. T.O. Wagner), University Hospital Frankfurt.
- 04/2002 - 09/2004 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Pulmonology and Intensive Care Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, USA.
- 06/2008 - 06/2009 Senior Physician (Pulmonology, Allergology), University Hospital Frankfurt.
- 03/2009 Habilitation and lecturing, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Since 07/2009, Chief Physician of the Department of Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine and Allergology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
Scholarships and Awards
- 07/1996 - 07/1997 Scholarship of the Carl Duisberg Society for the Study of Medicine at Claude Bernard I University, Lyon, France.
- 10/1998 - 02/1999 Green College Scholarship, Oxford Medical School, for the Study of Medicine at Oxford University, Oxford, England.
- 2/1999 - 6/1999 Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for the Study of Medicine at the University of Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- 04/2002 - 03/2003 Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) for the Study of Medicine at the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, USA.
- 04/2003 - 09/2004 Christiane Herzog Foundation Scholarship for Research at the Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, USA.
- 06/2005 Encouraging Award for Young Investigators at the University of Frankfurt.
Department of Pulmonology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine and Allergology.
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home