DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Rheumatology (25830)
Specialized in: rheumatology
About the department
The Department of Rheumatology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic pathology. It provides an effective treatment of inflammatory and degenerative rheumatic diseases, diseases of the musculoskeletal system due to metabolic disorders, such as osteoporosis, gout, diabetes mellitus, as well as soft tissue rheumatism. Diagnostics is carried out with the use of the most modern imaging methods and laboratory tests. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Sabine Gansauge.
Of particular interest is the treatment of systemic inflammatory rheumatic diseases. In this case, doctors set a goal to rid the patient of the ailment and symptoms (that is, to ensure remission). Great attention is also paid to the interdisciplinary treatment of non-rheumatic diseases with rheumatic symptoms.
The service range of the department:
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory joint diseases (for example, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory spinal diseases (for example, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Diagnosis and treatment of connective tissue inflammatory diseases (for example, undifferentiated collagenosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, dermatomyositis, mixed connective tissue disease)
- Diagnosis and treatment of vasculitides affecting the immune system (for example, polymyalgia rheumatica, ANCA-associated vasculitis)
- Diagnosis and treatment of age-related and stress-related rheumatic diseases (arthrosis, degenerative changes in the spine)
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system caused by metabolic disorders (for example, in osteoporosis, gout, diabetes mellitus)
- Counseling of patients with symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis or other inflammatory rheumatic disease
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1980 - 1987 Study of Human Medicine, Hannover Medical School, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff.
- 1990 Doctoral thesis defense (Supervisor: Prof., Dr. Dr. Heiner Raspe). Subject: "The course and severity of the disease on the example of the initial stage of chronic polyarthritis."
- 1995 Specialization in Internal Medicine.
- 1996 Focus on rheumatology.
- 1998 Additional qualification in physiotherapy.
- 1987 Assistant Physician, internal Medicine, Clinic Weser, Hameln.
- 1988 - 1994 Fellow, Department of Internal Medicine V, University of Heidelberg (focuses: hematology, oncology, rheumatology).
- 1995 Acting Head of the department, Rhein-Pfalz-Klinik Bad Kreuznach.
- 1995 - 2002 Senior Physician of the Department of Rheumatology, Catholic Clinic Mainz.
- Since 2002, Head of the Department of Rheumatology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
Main Clinical Focuses
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rheumatic lesions of soft tissues.
- Degenerative joint diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) DKD Helios Klinik Wiesbaden
Department of Rheumatology.
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.