DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Department of Nuclear Medicine (446882)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment based on the use of various radioisotopes. Since 2009, the department has been the first medical facility in the Rhine-Main area where PET-CT is performed (today it is the most effective imaging method in the diagnosis of tumors and Alzheimer's disease). The department is also fitted out with four gamma cameras with the possibility of conducting SPECT, two advanced ultrasound systems and other equipment. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Corinna Müller.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics of the state of blood vessels and detection of pathological changes in the brain with the help of single-photon emission computed tomography (scintigraphy, SPECT), gamma cameras. Most often, these studies are used to diagnose Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy and other brain diseases
- Heart function diagnostics: myocardial scintigraphy, examination of cardiac circulation in the heart and cardiac muscle function, imaging and quantitative evaluation of cardiac blood flow at stress and at rest, heart’s pumping function testing, etc.
- Diagnostics of lung function disorders
- Diagnostics of kidney disorders
- Skeletal scintigraphy to assess bone metabolism (most often used to detect cancer metastases, diagnose rheumatic and chronic inflammatory diseases)
- Examination of sentinel lymph nodes for the detection of metastases
- Radioiodine therapy for the treatment of various thyroid diseases (especially as a sparing alternative to surgery)
- Graves’ disease
- Autonomic thyroid dysfunction (for example, adenoma)
- Thyroid cancer (papillary or follicular carcinoma)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Since 2012, Head of the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
- 2008 Doctor of the Joint Practice in Nuclear Medicine with Dr. Maier, Wiesbaden.
- 2005 - 2008 Work in the Department of Nuclear Medicine at the University Hospital Mainz.
- 2001 - 2004 Doctor of the Joint Practice in Nuclear Medicine with Dr. Maier, Wiesbaden.
- 1999 - 2000 Department of Internal Medicine, St. Vinzenz Hospital Mainz.
- 1993 - 1999 Study of Human Medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home