Spinal muscular atrophy diagnosis (program ID: 302449)
DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
Till SprengerSpecialized in: neurology
Department of Neurology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- neurological examination:
- muscle strength
- muscle tone
- senses of touch and sight
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical blood test (creatine kinase)
- inflammation markers (CRP, ESR)
- blood coagulation analysis (aPTT, PT, INR)
- hormone test (TSH, parathormone)
- vitamin test (B12, D)
- genetic testing (SMN1, SMN2)
- electroencephalography (EEG)
- cerebrovascular doppler ultrasound
- electromyography (EMG)
- CT/ MRI of head and neck (if indicated clinically,
additional cost is 650/1200€)
- muscle biopsy with histological study
(if indicated clinically, additional cost is 2500€)
- nursing services
- treatment by head doctor and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of all neurological diseases on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. In addition, a specialized day clinic operates in the department. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Till Sprenger.
The department is focused on providing individual medical care of the highest level . A great advantage of the department is scientific cooperation with other Neurology Centers in Germany and Europe. If desired, patients can also participate in clinical trials, which in some cases are the only treatment in the case of nervous system pathology.
The diagnostic options of the department include:
- Neurography, electromyography (EMG)
- Assessment of skin vascular reactions
- Quantitative sensory testing
- Registration of somatosensory, visual, auditory and motor evoked potentials
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Ultrasound examination of the vessels, muscles and nerves
- Muscle and fat tissue, nerve, skin biopsy
- Lumbar puncture
- Neuropsychological diagnostics
- Physiotherapeutic functional diagnostics
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Multilayer spiral computed tomography and conventional radiography
- Other diagnostic examinations
Most often the specialists of the department have to deal with the following pathologies:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Walking abnormalities and Parkinson's disease
- Headache and migraine
- Neuropathic pain
- Memory impairment/dementia
- Restless legs syndrome
- Dizziness and balance disorders
- Diseases of the pelvic organs caused by a neurological factor
- Other diseases
- Since 1994, Study of Medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and Technical University Munich (one-year practice).
- Semester of study abroad as an Erasmus Fellow at the University of Burgundy, Dijon, France.
- 01/2002 - 06/2003 Intern, Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar at the Technical University of Munich.
- 07/2003 - 07/2008 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Rechts der Isar at the Technical University of Munich.
- 04/2007 - 03/2008 Assistant Physician, Department of Psychiatry at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar at the Technical University of Munich (within the framework of advanced training for obtaining the title of a Medical Specialist in Neurology).
- 07/2008 Medical Specialist in Neurology (Bavarian Medical Association).
- 07/2008 - 09/2008 Medical Specialist in Neurology, Department of Neurology at the Technical University of Munich.
- 10/2008 - 06/2010 Post-doctorate in the Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco.
- 07/2010 - 04/2014 Adjunct Professor Assistant in the Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco.
- 11/2010 - 05/2015 Imaging diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, Basel University, Leading Doctor, Department of Neurology, University Hospital Basel.
- Since 06/2015, Work at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
- Training of students at the DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden.
- Training of medical students at the Technical University of Munich (Visiting Professor).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Spinal muscular atrophy diagnosis
- Hospital: DKD HELIOS Clinic Wiesbaden
- access_time Duration:
There are 58 spinal muscular atrophy (sma) diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics