Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden
Department of Orthopedics (25810)
Specialized in: orthopedics
About the department
The specialization of the Orthopedics Department at the Clinic of Dr. Franz Dengler led by Dr. Norbert Urzel are treatment of patients with degenerative and inflammatory-rheumatic diseases, treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and painful conditions. As a specialized osteology center certified by the Association of Osteology (DVO), the Clinic of Dr. Franz Dengler also specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of osteological diseases, especially osteoporosis.
Interdisciplinary cooperation is the most vital part of treatment. Orthopedic units have at their disposal all the hardware diagnostics systems of the clinic. Thus, alongside with functional and psychosocial diagnostics, there are also wide possibilities of diagnosing disease and its causes with this hardware.
Another priority area of the Clinic of Dr. Franz Dengler is care services. It is aimed at involving the patients in rehabilitation to participate in life. The specialists of the clinic support and advise patients on the urgent issues of everyday life, which ultimately, thanks to targeted activities, allows patients to improve their abilities and skills and to cope with daily tasks on their own. Rehabilitation success is ensured by further activities that are carried out in accordance with medical guidelines. These activities are conducted exclusively by certified care specialists or employees with relevant additional qualifications.
The main emphasis in the clinical activities of the department is made on the rehabilitation of patients with operative spinal fusion of one or more segments of the spine, herniated discs and nucleotomy, treatment of patients after total knee / hip joint endoprosthesis and patients with osteoporosis. For this purpose, all the established and innovative rehabilitation measures in the clinic are used, including medical gymnastics, mechanotherapy, exercises in the therapeutic pool, electrotherapy, cryotherapy, massages and many other activities.
Indications for treatment in the Orthopedics Department are:
- Spinal syndrome (including herniated intervertebral discs) with radicular symptoms
- Condition after surgeries on intervertebral discs
- Condition after endoprosthetics of the hip, knee, shoulder or ankle joints
- Condition after surgical treatment of the rotator cuff rupture, the habitual dislocation of the shoulder and the humeroscapular periarthritis
- Condition after conservative or surgical treatment of a fractured tubular bone with joint damage
- Condition after limb amputations
- Condition after stabilizing or corrective surgery on the spine or conservative treatment of vertebral fractures
- Condition after correction of congenital and acquired deformities (osteotomy)
- Chronic polyarthritis and other types of this disease
- Condition after rheumatic surgery
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- 1990 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Saarland University, Saarland.
- 1996 - 1998 Internship, Department of Orthopedics, St. Vincentius Clinic in Karlsruhe.
- 1998 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, St. Joseph's Clinic, Adenau.
- 1999 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Orthopedics, St. Vincentius Clinic in Karlsruhe.
- 2003 - 2005 Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Rehabilitation Clinic Reichenbach/Waldbronn.
- Since 2005 and until now, Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedics, Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic, Baden-Baden.
- 2010 - 2013 Work in an Outpatient Clinic, Doctor of Health Insurance Funds.
- Since 2013 and until now, Owner of the Private Orthopedic Practice (Praxis Dr. Norbert Ursel).
- Since 2017 and until now, Work in the Private Center for Outpatient Medical Care (MVZ Dr. Ursel GmbH).
- 2003 Specialized medical examination for obtaining the title of Medical Specialist in Orthopedics.
- 2008 Specialized medical examination for obtaining the title of Medical Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2009 Specialized medical examination for obtaining the title of Medical Specialist in Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Since 2012 and until now, Member of the German Association of Osteologists, Dr. Ursel’s Specialized Osteology Center.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinik Dr. Franz Dengler GmbH & Co. KG
Department of Orthopedics.
Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.