Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden
Department of Cardiac Rehabilitation and General Therapeutic Rehabilitation (25811)
Specialized in: cardiac rehabilitation, general therapeutic rehabilitation
About the department
The Department of Cardiac Rehabilitation and General Therapeutic Rehabilitation at the Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden offers the full range of services in the areas of its specialization. The department's clinical activities are focused on the rehabilitation treatment of patients with cardiovascular diseases, metabolic disorders and other internal diseases. Thanks to cooperation with the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation, the patients suffering from inflammatory rheumatic diseases can also receive medical care here. The department is distinguished by its successful experience in the field of rehabilitation of patients after complex heart surgery, including coronary artery bypass grafting and heart valve surgery, reconstructive vascular interventions, surgery to implant pacemakers and defibrillators. The department's doctors have in their arsenal all the necessary resources to restore the body weakened due to the disease and to reintegrate the patient into his everyday and professional life. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Klaus Funke.
The department has advanced diagnostic rooms for conducting all modern tests to assess the functions of the cardiovascular system. Cardiologists successfully perform electrocardiography, echocardiography, ultrasound scanning, radiography, 24-hour blood pressure monitoring, pulmonary function testing, laboratory tests, etc. The diagnostics is an obligatory part of the rehabilitation process and serves to assess the patient's current state of health, his physical capabilities and rehabilitation potential. After studying diagnostic results, the doctors develop an effective rehabilitation program based on the patient's clinical situation. At the stage of rehabilitation program planning, the patient's psychological state is also taken into account, since many people who had heart pathology or heart surgery suffer from heightened anxiety.
The therapeutic part of the rehabilitation program includes the use of therapeutic exercises, sports therapy, kinesiotherapy, special endurance training, balneological physiotherapy, electrotherapy, ultrasound therapy, ergotherapy and other rehabilitation measures. In the course of rehabilitation treatment, most patients also take drugs to maintain heart function, prevent exacerbations and progression of cardiovascular pathology, as well as to improve general health. In addition, one of the most important tasks of rehabilitation therapists is to create a stable motivation for patients to carry out secondary prevention during their whole lives. This includes proper nutrition, regular dosed physical activities, maximum elimination of stress, rejection of bad habits, etc.
All the rehabilitation procedures are carried out under close supervision of the attending physicians, who, if necessary, reduce or increase the intensity of therapeutic measures. In addition, the patient receives care from a highly qualified psychologist throughout the treatment. The psychologist holds individual consultations with the patient, group discussions with the participation of other patients, and also teaches patients relaxation techniques.
The department specializes in the rehabilitation of patients with the following diseases and pathological conditions:
- Cardiovascular diseases (myocardial infarction, heart failure, cardiomyopathy, etc.)
- Pathological conditions after heart surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting
- Heart valve repair or replacement surgery
- Reconstructive vascular surgery
- Pacemaker and defibrillator implantation
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Inflammatory rheumatic diseases
- General internal diseases
- Other pathologies
The department's range of diagnostic and rehabilitation services includes:
- Resting and stress electrocardiography, 24-hour Holter monitoring
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring
- Pulmonary function testing
- Ultrasound scanning of the joints, thyroid gland, abdominal organs and color duplex ultrasonography of the blood vessels
- Doppler ultrasonography of the peripheral and supra-aortic vessels
- Color Doppler echocardiography
- X-ray imaging
- Laboratory tests
- Rehabilitation therapy
- Drug therapy
- Therapeutic exercises (training in the gym and in the swimming pool)
- Sports therapy
- Nordic walking
- Endurance training
- Balneological physiotherapy (all types of massage, lymphatic drainage, mud wraps, therapeutic baths)
- Electrotherapy (microwave therapy, electrical stimulation, galvanic baths)
- Ultrasound therapy
- Psychotherapy (individually and in groups), training in relaxation techniques, smoking cessation programs
- Other medical services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinik Dr. Franz Dengler GmbH & Co. KG
Department of Cardiac Rehabilitation and General Therapeutic Rehabilitation.
Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.