Eilenriede Clinic Hannover
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery (113)
Specialized in: plastic and aesthetic surgery
About the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at Eilenriede Clinic Hannover
The Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Eilenriede Clinic Hannover offers the full range of modern surgical and cosmetic procedures to improve the appearance. The department has been conducting successful clinical activities for over 25 years and during this time has gained an excellent reputation. The team of the department's surgeons performs plastic surgery on the face and body. Many interventions are performed for the correction of age-related changes. The presence of advanced computer equipment in the department allows the doctors to carry out preliminary modeling of the final result of plastic surgery, and the patient can assess his future appearance in advance. Prior to the surgical intervention, the plastic surgeon devotes enough time to counseling so that the patient has a clear idea of how the intervention will be performed and what therapeutic measures will be required after the plastic surgery. Most plastic surgeries are performed in the department using sparing laparoscopic techniques, so patients can quickly return to their daily life. The department is headed by Dr. med. Thomas Flietner.
The department's plastic surgeons have a perfect command of all modern techniques, and therefore they successfully select the optimal type of surgical intervention, which will allow achieving the desired result and making it as natural as possible. Prior to the surgical intervention, the plastic surgeon appoints the required set of diagnostic tests for the patient, and also excludes severe concomitant pathologies that may be a contraindication for the intervention. In addition, 3D modeling of the expected result is often performed before the operation using special computer programs, so the patient can assess his new appearance even before the plastic surgery and, if necessary, make changes together with the surgeon.
The most demanded plastic surgeries in the department include facelift, nose and ear reshaping, eyelid surgery, breast augmentation and lift, liposuction and abdominoplasty. The specialists of the medical facility often admit patients who want to get rid of age-related changes with the help of Botox and filler injections, as well as to correct the shape of their lips. The goal of each member of the department's medical team is to achieve the most natural result that meets the patient's expectations.
Many women are not satisfied with the appearance of their breasts, so they resort to the services of plastic surgeons for their augmentation. The department's specialists perform breast plastic surgery using modern high-quality silicone implants. A consultation with the surgeon is followed by the preparatory stage, which takes 1-3 days. Prior to the surgical intervention, the patient must undergo an examination, including blood tests, breast ultrasound, ECG and other tests. The plastic surgeon then assesses the results of the diagnostic examinations and analyzes the proportions of the woman's body to select the optimal implant size. Breast augmentation surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The duration of the intervention is about two hours. Scars after surgery are almost invisible. The final stage is the patient's recovery after surgery, which involves the use of special compression bandages and the intake of medicines for pain relief.
More and more women and men come to the department with a desire to get rid of wrinkles and rejuvenate themselves. To achieve these goals, the department's specialists have many techniques, including non-surgical ones. First of all, the plastic surgeon considers the use of innovative techniques that exclude an invasive intervention. The department successfully performs Botox, hyaluronic acid and collagen injections, various types of peelings, CO2 laser resurfacing treatments, etc. All procedures are absolutely safe and ensure excellent results. The patients over the age of 40 often need a facelift – a set of plastic interventions aimed at eliminating wrinkles, skin laxity and other age-related changes.
The team of surgeons of the medical facility specializes in the full range of plastic interventions in the face and body. Doctors consider each clinical case with maximum responsibility, carefully plan the upcoming intervention and strive to provide the patient with the most natural result. It is extremely important for the department's specialists that the patient leaves the clinic satisfied and free of complexes associated with his appearance.
The department's main clinical focuses include:
- Head and neck plastic surgery
- Face lift
- Neck lift
- Otoplasty (ear reshaping)
- Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Mentoplasty (chin reshaping)
- Wrinkle treatment with Botox and filler injections, CO2 laser
- Lip reshaping with filler injections
- Facial scar revision
- Body plastic surgery
- Breast plastic surgery: breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction
- Treatment of gynecomastia in men
- Thigh and arm lift
- Treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Intimate plastic surgery (labial plastic repair)
- Body scar revision
- Other surgical options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Thomas Flietner
- 1975 - 1981 Study of human medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin and at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
- 1980 State examination and admission to medical practice.
- 1977 - 1983 Research activity on the study of evoked potentials in the human cerebral cortex at the Charité Institute of Physiology.
- 1981 - 1983 Work at the Charité Surgery Center within special training: 6 months of training in vascular surgery; 6 months of training in transplant surgery; one-year training in neurosurgery.
- 1986 Board certification in surgery.
- 1983 - 1986 Training in general surgery, traumatology and pediatric surgery at the Hospital Luebben Spreewald.
- 1986 - 1989 Training in traumatology at the Hospital Luebben Spreewald.
- 1988 - 1989 Training in ultrasound scanning of the upper abdominal organs.
- 1990 - 1994 Training in plastic surgery, Department of Burn Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery, Ludwigshafen am Rhein Hospital.
- 1991 Board certification in plastic and aesthetic surgery.
- May - June 1992 Advanced training in plastic surgery at the St. Mary's Hospital in Frankfurt am Main.
- 1993 Advanced training in the reconstruction of thoracic defects, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation.
- 1993 Advanced training in functional aesthetic nasal surgery in the Department of Plastic Surgery at the Marienhospital Stuttgart.
- 1993 Advanced training in plastic surgery in Windsor, England, sponsored by the European Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 1994 Advanced training in plastic and reconstructive head and neck surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Luebeck.
- 1994 Advanced training in endoscopic plastic surgery at the Munich Hospital Bogenhausen.
- 1981 - 1983 Assistant Physician at the Charité Surgery Center.
- 1983 - 1989 Resident at the Hospital Luebben Spreewald.
- 1987 - 1989 Lecturer and part-time nursing staff member.
- 1989 - 1990 Managing Senior Physician in the Department of General Surgery at the Hindelang Hospital.
- 1990 - 1992 Resident, and later Acting Head of the Department of Burn Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the Ludwigshafen am Rhein Hospital.
- October 1991 Plastic reconstructive surgery for Afghan wounded and refugees in northern Pakistan, Peshawar.
- May - June 1992 Assistant Physician for Plastic Surgery at the St. Markus Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- 1992 - 1994 Managing Senior Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery and Centre for Severe Burn Injuries, Vivantes Am Urban Hospital, together with teaching activities for medical students at the Free University of Berlin; Medical Advisor for Plastic Surgery and Severe Burns in Berlin.
- Since 1994 Medical Director of the Collegium Clinic for Plastic Surgery Kiel.
- Since 2003 Head of the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Eilenriede Clinic Hannover.
Awards, Prizes and Honors
- 1979 Robert Koch Award for graduation thesis. Subject: "Neuropharmacological component analysis of the evoked potentials of the brain".
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 1993 Member of the Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- 1994 Member of the Association of German Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons.
- 1995 Member of the Berlin Surgical Society and the Association of Surgeons of Berlin and Brandenburg.
- 1995 Member of the German Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
- 2000 Member of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Eilenriede Klinik
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
Eilenriede Clinic Hannover:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.