Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery (535047)
Specialized in: pediatric cardiac surgery
About the Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
The Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the diagnostics and treatment of congenital heart defects in children of all age groups. The department ranks among the top Centers for Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in Turkey. It performs all types of cardiovascular and valve surgeries in children of all age groups. The department has in its arsenal the very latest medical technologies, which contribute to the achievement of the best treatment results. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Denyan Mansuroğlu.
The comprehensive diagnostics is carried out to determine the indications for a surgical intervention. To this end, the department’s doctors have all the capabilities of modern cardiological diagnostics, including echocardiography, CT, coronary angiography, stress tests for the diagnostics of coronary artery disease, etc. If necessary, it is possible to hold the consultations with the specialists from other departments of the hospital.
The operations on the heart valves, coronary arteries, etc. are performed using minimally invasive techniques. The minimally invasive interventions allow the department's doctors to avoid large incisions and connection to the heart-lung machine, as well as provide a speedy recovery.
The therapeutic range of pediatric cardiac surgery includes:
- Oval foramen closure (using a catheter occluder or an open surgery)
- Surgical treatment of coronary stenosis
- Heart valve reconstruction and replacement
- Prosthetics of vessels with venous valve-containing conduit
- Removal of heart tumors
- Pacemaker implantation
- All types of Fontan procedure (in children with a single ventricle)
- Emergency surgery in newborns
- Treatment of acute respiratory failure using extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) (in newborns)
- Other types of surgical interventions
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Denyan Mansuroğlu
Education and Professional Experience
- 1986 - 1992 Study of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine of the 19 Mayıs University, Samsun.
- 1992 - 1998 Assistant Physician, Kosuyolu Heart Training and Research Hospital.
- 09/1999 - 10/1999 Department of Cardiac Surgery, Heidelberg University, Heidelberg, Germany.
- 11/1999 Berlin Heart Center (Berlin Herz Centrum), Berlin, Germany.
- 1998 - 2002 Attending Physician, Kosuyolu Heart Training and Research Hospital.
- 04/2002 - 05/2002 Physician, Department of Cardiac Surgery, Baku Central Hospital, Azerbaijan.
- 2002 - 2008 Cardiac Surgeon, Kosuyolu Heart Training and Research Hospital.
- 2005 Associate Professor, Kosuyolu Heart Training and Research Hospital.
- Professor, Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University.
Memberships in Professional Societies, Editorial Boards of Medical Journals
- Turkish Cardiothoracic Surgery Journal.
- Anadolu Cardiology Journal.
- International Journal of Cardiology.
- Turkish Society of Cardiac Surgery.
- Association of Turkish Organ Institutions’ Coordination.
- Turkish Cardiology Association.
- Phlebology Association.
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery.
- European Association for Vascular Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.