Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology (535053)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology
About the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
The Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the accurate diagnostics and effective treatment of diseases of the liver, esophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon and small intestine, anal canal. Also, the department’s scope of tasks includes the therapy of diseases of the pancreas, gallbladder, and biliary tract. The patients receive medical care from the competent professionals with long experience. For diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, modern endoscopic methods are widely used to minimize pain. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Genco Gençdal.
To make an accurate diagnostics, the department carries out all the necessary modern examinations, for example, gastroscopy, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, video esophagogastroduodenoscopy, CT scan of the abdominal cavity and retroperitoneal space, esophageal manometry, capsule endoscopy, various laboratory tests, etc. Thus, the department's specialists have the opportunity to see a comprehensive clinical picture and prescribe an individual optimal treatment.
The department’s range of therapeutic options includes:
- Endoscopic treatment of stomach and duodenal hemorrhages
- Treatment of esophageal varices
- Esophageal bougienage
- Gastric balloon implantation
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy
- Treatment of functional digestive disorders
- Treatment of fermentopathies
- Treatment of hemorrhoid (sclerotherapy and ligation)
- Treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers
- Treatment of gastritis
- Treatment of jaundice
- Treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases
- Treatment of inflammatory gallbladder diseases and gallbladder stones
- Treatment of Crohn's disease
- Treatment of ulcerative colitis
- Treatment of gastrointestinal cancers
- Treatment of hepatitis
- Treatment of cirrhosis
- Treatment of rare diseases of the digestive tract and liver
- Treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of Barrett's esophagus
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Genco Gençdal
Education and Professional Experience
- 2001 Medical School, Ankara University, Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2008 Master’s Degree, Internal Medicine, Istanbul Okmeydanı EAH.
- 2012 Specialization in Gastroenterology.
- 2012 - 2015 Physician, Aydin Public Hospital.
- Turkish Society of Gastroenterology.
- Turkish Liver Research Society.
- Liver transplantation.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.