Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Microsurgery (535062)
Ismail Bülent Özçelik
Specialized in: adult and pediatric hand surgery, microsurgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Microsurgery at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of surgical treatment of pathological conditions and injuries of the hand, upper arm, including the infections. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Ismail Bülent Özçelik.
The operations are performed using the microsurgical techniques, it means that during the intervention a surgeon uses a microscope and various auxiliary magnifying instruments, such as magnifiers. This ensures the possibility of surgical treatment of nerves and blood vessels, which are difficult to distinguish with the naked eye. The department successfully performs the replantation of the anatomical structures of the hand, partially or completely detached due to industrial accidents, road accidents, glass cuts, falls and other accidents.
The department is proud of its highly qualified team of microsurgeons, which annually performs hundreds of surgical interventions on the hand, including emergency operations (24 hours a day). At the same time, the main task of the specialists is the best possible preservation of hand functionality with the provision of an optimal aesthetic result.
The service range of the department includes the surgical treatment of the following pathological conditions and hand injuries:
- Fractures of the hands, fingers, wrists
- Numbness in the hands (nerve compression)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Nagging pain in fingers
- Neoplasms in the hand, wrist or upper arm
- Congenital hand deformities (for example, polydactyly, syndactyly)
- Rheumatic hand diseases
- Paralysis, congenital or traumatic loss of sensitivity and restriction of mobility due to the impaired nerve function of the hand
- Pain due to the problems with wrist ligaments
- Diseases affecting the hand vessels
- Defects in the upper limb tissues
- De Quervain's tenosynovitis
- Trigger fingers
- Dupuytren's contracture
- Other diseases and injuries of the hand, upper arm
Education and Professional Experience
- 1989 - 1995 Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 1996 - 2000 Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Sisli Etfal Training and Research Hospital (specialization).
- 1996 - 2000 Department of Hand Surgery, Aksaray Vatan Hospital.
- 2000 - 2005 Surgeon, Sultanciftligi State Hospital.
- 2000 - 2002 Surgeon, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Section of Hand Surgery, Istanbul Hospital.
- 2002 - 2003 Surgeon, Cevre Hospital.
- 2003 IST-EL Surgery, Microsurgery and Rehabilitation Group.
- TOTBID Association.
- Turkish Association for Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery.
- Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Reconstructive Microsurgery Association.
- European Wrist Arthroscopy Society (EWAS).
- Federation of European Societies for Hand Surgery (FESS).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery, Microsurgery.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.