Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (535065)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the diagnostics and modern treatment methods for all diseases of the eye and its appendages. The department specializes in the surgical treatment of cataract, excimer laser vision correction, corneal surgery with wavefront-guided LASIK, operations using the latest generation endolaser (DSR) in lacrimal duct obstruction, etc. The department has the cutting-edge diagnostic technologies and treatment methods. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Özay Öz.
The department’s diagnostic range of services includes the following options:
- Computerized ophthalmic examination and measurement of intraocular pressure
- Examination of visual fields on the Humphrey visual field analyser
- Corneal pachymetry in the diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure)
- Fluorescent angiography of the ocular fundus in the diagnostics and treatment of retinal angiopathy due to diabetes mellitus
- Eye tomography using the state-of-art Optik Koharens (OCT) model in the diagnostics and treatment of macular dystrophy
- Corneal topography in the diagnostics and treatment of corneal diseases
- Examination of the anterior eye segment using OCT and Orbscan devices
- Comfortable diagnostics of eye pathologies in children and infants using the Otorefi handheld scanner
- Examination of the vitreous body and retina with the help of B-mode USG device
- And other diagnostic options
In addition to the diagnostics and surgical treatment of cataract and vision correction using the very latest laser techniques, the department offers a variety of different treatment options for eye diseases and its appendages. These include retinal and vitreous surgery using the VRC system, strabismus correction operations in children and adults, surgical treatment of glaucoma, lens replacement in severe myopia or hyperopia, cross-linking procedure in the treatment of keratoconus, as well as various oculoplastic, reconstructive and aesthetic procedures.
The department also carries out diagnostics (for example, angiography) and successful treatment of hypertensive and diabetic retinal angiopathy with the help of an argon laser. In addition, the department treats secondary cataract with a non-ablative Yag laser, while glaucoma is successfully treated with argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT) or Yag laser iridotomy.
The department’s therapeutic range covers the following options:
- Surgical treatment of cataract
- Excimer laser vision correction
- Corneal surgery using wavefront-guided LASIK
- Operations using the latest generation endolaser (DSR) in lacrimal duct obstruction
- Retinal and vitreous surgery using the VRC system
- Strabismus correction in children and adults
- Surgical treatment of glaucoma
- Lens replacement in severe myopia or hyperopia
- Treatment of keratoconus using cross-linking
- Treatment of the retina in hypertensive and diabetic angiopathy (argon laser)
- Treatment of secondary cataract with the help of non-ablative Yag laser
- Treatment of glaucoma (argon laser trabeculoplasty (ALT), Yag laser iridotomy)
- Various oculoplastic, reconstructive and aesthetic procedures
- Other treatment options for ophthalmic diseases
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.