Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (535068)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers high-quality services for the diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases. The department’s range covers both conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the ear, nose and throat. In addition to standard otolaryngological operations (tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, etc.), the department specializes in head tumor operations, skull base surgery, treatment of hearing and balance disorders, traumatic surgery, etc. The Chief Physician of the department is Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Mehti Şalvız.
The team of the department's doctors has the advanced experience in the surgical treatment of various hearing and vestibular disorders. The department successfully treats middle ear diseases (otosclerosis, tympanosclerosis), middle ear prosthetics (stapedectomy, stapedotomy, mobilization), restoration of the eardrum ruptures and damages of the middle ear bones (tympanoplasty and ossiculoplasty). The department's doctors are the experts in the field of surgical correction of congenital anomalies of the external auditory canal, etc. In addition, the department offers both conservative and surgical treatment of progressive hearing loss, dizziness, a variety of balance disorders, etc.
An important focus of the department is oncological otolaryngology. The department offers the comprehensive diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the face and neck (ear, nose and paranasal sinuses, oral cavity, throat, larynx, salivary glands, face and neck skin). The treatment of oncological diseases is carried out in collaboration with the specialists from other disciplines. Thanks to long experience, the availability of the state-of-art medical technologies, active research activities, the department achieves very high rates of treatment success.
The department also offers the full range of pediatric otolaryngology. In the case of tonsils inflammation, doctors offer both conservative and (if necessary) the most sparing surgical treatment, which allows not to totally remove the tonsils. Also, the operations to correct the curved nasal septum and other congenital and acquired pediatric diseases are successfully performed.
In general, the department’s range includes the following options:
- Conservative treatment methods for ear, nose and throat diseases
- Standard otolaryngological surgery (tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, etc.)
- Traumatic surgery (fractures of the jaw and facial bones)
- Surgery to treat skull base tumors
- External auditory canal atresia (impaired development of the external auditory canals)
- Hearing loss (absence and damage to the eardrum, arthritis of the middle ear)
- Treatment of oncological diseases (removal of the facial and neck tumors)
- Hoarseness treatment
- Ear surgery
- Facial nerve surgery
- Very latest treatments for dizziness and tinnitus
- Modern endoscopic sinus surgery (nasal polyps, cysts, tumors)
- Treatment of snoring and apnea
- Diagnostics and treatment of other otolaryngological diseases
Education and Professional Experience
- 1995 - 2001 Study of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University.
- 2001 - 2006 Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara University.
- 2012 - 2013 Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard University.
- 2007 - 2010 Ankara Atatürk Training and Research Hospital.
- 2009 - 2010 Diyarbakır Military Hospital.
- 2010 - 2015 Haseki Training and Research Hospital.
- Associate Professor, Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Turkish Surgery Association of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Turkish Otology and Neurootology Association.
- American Academy of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- European Otology Neurootology Association.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.