Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Oncology and Radiation Therapy (535113)
Üyesi Ayşe Okumuş
Specialized in: oncology, radiation therapy
About the department
The Department of Oncology and Radiation Therapy at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment for all oncological diseases. The department is headed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Üyesi Ayşe Okumuş.
The department's doctors have in their arsenal all the modern methods against cancer, the most effective of which include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormonal therapy, surgical treatment, as well as all types of radiation therapy. The diagnostics is carried out using the advanced, high-precision systems, for example, CT, MRI, PET-CT, etc. Thanks to all these opportunities, the department's specialists cope with the most difficult clinical situations, saving or significantly prolonging the lives of patients.
The doctors of the department prefer a multidisciplinary treatment approach, which means the involvement of all the necessary experts from the related disciplines. Each clinical case is unique, so the treatment strategy is always developed individually, taking into account the specific clinical indications, the stage of the disease, patient’s general condition, age and other important factors. In the advanced stages of cancer, the doctors do their best to slow down the progression of the disease, while in some cases, they even manage to achieve a stable remission. The importance is given to psychological care, which helps the patient and his family to cope with emotional distress in such a terrible diagnosis as cancer.
The department treats the following oncological diseases:
- Malignant neoplasms of the head and neck (for example, laryngeal, oropharyngeal, tongue, salivary gland cancer)
- Lung cancer
- Kidney and adrenal cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Liver cancer
- Small and large intestine cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Oncological diseases of the male genital organs
- Prostate cancer
- Penile cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Oncological diseases of the female genital organs
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Breast cancer
- Malignant bone and soft tissue tumors
- Skin cancer
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Malignant tumors of the central and peripheral nervous system
- Brain cancer
- Spinal cord cancer
- Pituitary cancer
- Malignant blood diseases (lymphomas, leukemias)
- Other oncological diseases
The therapeutic spectrum of the department includes:
- Surgical treatment (including minimally invasive and endoscopic techniques)
- Hormonal therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Radiation therapy
- 3D conformal radiation therapy
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic radiation therapy
- Other treatment methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Oncology and Radiation Therapy.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.