Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Nuclear Medicine (535122)
Specialized in: nuclear medicine
About the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
The Department of Nuclear Medicine at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of radionuclide methods for the diagnostics and treatment of various diseases. The department is equipped with cutting-edge PET-CT systems, gamma cameras and scintigraphy devices. Of particular interest are oncological diseases of various organs, as well as heart pathologies and disorders of the neurological spectrum. The department is one of the most modern medical facilities of this kind and occupies a leading position in the national and international medical arena. The department is headed by Assoc. Prof. Dr. med. Şerife Değirmencioğlu.
The department offers the following diagnostic and therapeutic options:
- Lung scintigraphy
- Heart scintigraphy
- Radioactive gallium scintigraphy for the diagnostics of the inflammatory processes and oncological pathology
- Kidney scintigraphy
- Thyroid scintigraphy
- Adrenal scintigraphy
- Salivary gland scintigraphy
- Esophageal scintigraphy
- Spleen and liver scintigraphy
- Gallbladder scintigraphy
- Parathyroid scintigraphy
- Brain scintigraphy
- Whole-body scintigraphy
- Lymphatic scintigraphy
- Bone scintigraphy
- Combined PET-CT method
- Diagnostics of multiple myeloma
- Diagnostics of lymphomas and Hodgkin's disease
- Diagnostics of malignant neoplasms of the salivary glands
- Diagnostics of malignant tumors of the tonsils
- Diagnostics of malignant tumors of the naso- and oropharynx
- Diagnostics of malignant tumors of the esophagus, stomach, intestines
- Diagnostics of malignant neoplasms of the bronchi and lungs
- Diagnostics of melanoma
- SPECT and SPECT-CT
- Radioiodine therapy for the treatment of thyroid diseases
- Diffuse toxic goiter
- Hormonally active thyroid adenoma
- Subsequent treatment after thyroid surgery
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Şerife Değirmencioğlu
Education and Professional Experience
- 2003 - 2009 School of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- 2009 - 2015 Gaziosmanpasa-Taksim Training and Research Hospital.
- 2015 - 2016 Demre State Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Ministry of Health, Union of State Hospitals in Antalya.
- Turkish Association of Internal Medicine.
- Turkish Society of Cardiology.
- Turkish Endocrinology Foundation.
Main Medical Interests
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Ischemic heart disease.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- And others.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Nuclear Medicine.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.