Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (535125)
Murat Gürkan Arıkan
Specialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
About the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
The Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of all diseases of the female reproductive system, comprehensive pregnancy monitoring, including high-risk pregnancy, and high-quality obstetric services. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Murat Gürkan Arıkan – an excellent specialist with long experience and outstanding treatment results.
There is a competent team of doctors, which works around the clock to deliver babies and provide medical care in emergency clinical situations. The department is equipped with accurate diagnostic equipment, two modern delivery rooms and two state-of-the-art operating rooms, which allows for the majority of surgical interventions to be performed endoscopically.
The expectant mothers are offered counseling, modern methods of pregnancy monitoring (ultrasound, the full range of laboratory and invasive tests for pregnant women), and delivery with due consideration of the patient’s wishes, for example, water birth. Also, the doctors take care of the delivery to be as painless as possible, so the department uses homeopathy, acupuncture, aromatherapy and epidural anesthesia. Special attention should be given to delivery rooms. They are equipped with all the necessary amenities so that the patient feels as comfortable as possible and can fully devote her thoughts to the future motherhood.
The service range of the department includes:
- Comprehensive counseling, for example, in menopause, menstrual disorders, etc.
- Monitoring during menopause, selection of hormone replacement therapy
- Selection of contraceptives (for example, combined oral contraceptives, intrauterine devices)
- Diagnostics and treatment of fungal and bacterial vaginal infections, prevention of their relapse
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign diseases of the female genital organs
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Uterine polyps
- Cervical erosion
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine, pelvic organ prolapse
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant diseases of the female genital organs
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of precancerous conditions (for example, cervical dysplasia)
- Emergency medical care in uterine bleeding
- Laparoscopic Interventions
- Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- Removal of uterine myomas
- Interventions in ectopic pregnancy
- Diagnostics of endometriosis
- Removal of ovarian tumors and cysts
- Obstetric services
- Comprehensive management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancy (ultrasound examinations, the full range of laboratory and invasive tests for pregnant women)
- Pain relief during childbirth (for example, epidural anesthesia, acupuncture, aromatherapy)
- Postpartum care for both mother and baby
- Other medical services and treatments
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Murat Gürkan Arıkan
Education and Professional Experience
- Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University.
- University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada.
- Graz University, Austria.
- Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Germany.
- Academic Hospital Leoben, Austria.
- Member of the Obersteiermark Tumor Board.
- Member of the Austrian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Member of the Avusturya Farmakoloji Derneği.
- Member of the Steiermark Congenital Anomalies Research and Registration Association.
- Member of the Turkish Association of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Laparoscopic surgery.
- Robotic surgery.
- Surgical oncology.
- Reconstructive surgery.
- Fertility treatment.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.