Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology (535128)
Atilla Sancar Parmaksızoğlu
Specialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, traumatology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of conservative and surgical treatment of various pathologies and injuries of the musculoskeletal system. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Atilla Sancar Parmaksızoğlu.
One of the important focuses of the department is knee, hip and shoulder replacement surgery, as well as revision interventions to replace artificial joints. During the treatment, only high-quality endoprostheses from the reputable global manufacturers are used. In addition, if desired, individual endoprostheses may be manufactured. The department’s surgeons use innovative surgical techniques, which ensure a rapid recovery of the patient and his early return to the habitual life.
Also, the priorities include the treatment of spinal disc herniation, injuries of varying severity, inflammatory and oncological diseases of the musculoskeletal system. If possible, there are used sparing, minimally invasive treatments, which allow to perform technically complex operations through small skin incisions. In addition, the department has state-of-the-art computerized surgical and navigation systems, which play a crucial role in modern orthopedic surgery, especially in spinal surgery. The specialists provide the professional treatment of sports injuries, such as ligament tears, meniscus and cartilage injuries, etc. To this end, the department has specially developed treatment concepts, which allow the doctor to completely eliminate the pathology and ensure an early resumption of sports trainings.
In addition, the department has a competent team of pediatric orthopedists, which specializes in the treatment of scoliosis, congenital foot deformities, X-shaped and O-shaped deformities of the lower limbs, Perthes disease, congenital hip dislocation and many other pathologies in children.
The service range of the department includes:
- Knee, hip and shoulder arthroplasty
- Knee, hip and shoulder replacement (endoprosthetics)
- Diagnostics and treatment of shoulder diseases
- Shoulder dislocation
- Compression syndromes
- Rotator cuff tear
- Shoulder fractures
- Shoulder ligament tear
- Frozen shoulder
- Diagnostics and treatment of elbow diseases
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer's elbow
- Ligament tear
- Elbow fractures and dislocations
- Diagnostics and treatment of knee diseases
- Knee ligament tear
- Meniscus injuries
- Cruciate ligament injuries
- Knee cartilage damage
- Knee osteoarthritis
- Diagnostics and treatment of foot diseases
- Heel spur
- Achilles tendon rupture
- Hallux valgus
- Toe deformities
- Flat feet
- Hollow foot
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal diseases
- Spinal disc herniation
- Vertebral fractures
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Spinal stenosis
- Benign and malignant spinal tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of orthopedic diseases in children
- Injuries of the musculoskeletal system
- Spina bifida
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Congenital hip dislocation
- Perthes disease
- Congenital limb defects (for example, X-shaped leg deformity, leg length discrepancy)
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of sports injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases, injuries of the musculoskeletal system
Education and Professional Experience
- 1983 Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Dicle University.
- 1985 - 2011 Taksim Education and Research Hospital, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2011 Associate Professor.
- 2011 - 2016 Taksim Education and Research Hospital, Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2016 Professor.
- Turkish Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology (TOTDER).
- Turkish Society of Arthroplasty.
- Turkish Society of Traumatology.
- Turkish Orthopedics and Traumatology Training Council (TOTEM).
- Board Member of the Section of Traumatology, TOTBİD.
- Turkish Medical Association.
- Prosthetic surgery in hip dislocation.
- Treatment of fractures and dislocations.
- Revision prosthetic surgery.
- Knee replacement surgery.
- Hip replacement surgery.
- Shoulder replacement surgery.
- Pediatric orthopedics.
- Treatment of tumors of the musculoskeletal system.
- Sports injuries.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Traumatology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.