Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology (535146)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric urology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of urogenital diseases in men and boys. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Barış Nuhoğlu.
The availability of the high-tech diagnostic systems in the department, the introduction of modern minimally invasive surgical interventions, a professional approach to the selection of really effective pharmacological drugs allow the department's specialists to provide their patients with the best treatment results even in particularly complex clinical cases. The department is one of the most progressive in the country, and it also has gained an excellent reputation in the foreign medical market.
The department's urologist successfully treat congenital and acquired defects of the urogenital system in children. The surgeries to treat urological pathologies in children are performed using minimally invasive methods, through small skin incisions or natural openings, such as urethra. Thus, the traumatism of the intervention is minimized, and the patient recovers quickly after the treatment. Most often, the department's specialists are faced with such diseases and congenital abnormalities as hypospadias, cryptorchidism, bladder exstrophy, hydrocele, etc.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Drug therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Transurethral prostatectomy
- Laser prostatectomy
- Open intervention
- Urethral stenting
- Diagnostiсs and treatment of inflammatory processes in the urogenital system
- Diagnostics and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy
- Endoscopic procedures
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant urological diseases
- Prostate cancer
- Testicular cancer
- Penile cancer
- Ureteral cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence in men and women
- Diagnostics and treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence)
- Diagnostics and treatment of ejaculatory disorders (premature ejaculation or delayed ejaculation)
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility in men
- Diagnostics and treatment of prostatitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of cystitis
- Diagnostics and treatment of varicocele
- Diagnostics and treatment of urological diseases in children
- Bladder exstrophy
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Urinary incontinence in children
- Hydrocele (dropsy of the testicle)
- Kidney stone disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of other urological diseases
Education and Professional Experience
- 1982 - 1988 Faculty of Medicine, Uludağ University.
- 1992 - 1997 Medical Specialist Training, Ankara Education and Research Hospital.
- 1997 - 2000 Physician at the Bergama State Hospital.
- 2000 - 2007 Chief Assistant, Department of Urology, Ankara Education and Research Hospital.
- 2007 - 2009 Clinical Supervisor, Department of Urology, Bağcılar Education and Research Hospital.
- 2009 - 2016 Instructor, Department of Urology, Taksim Education and Research Hospital.
- Turkish Association of Urology.
- European Association of Urology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Private Gaziosmanpasa Hospital
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology.
Gaziosmanpasa Hospital of Yeniyuzyil University:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.