Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery (229649)
Peter M. Vogt
Specialized in: adult and pediatric plastic, aesthetic, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery at the Hannover Medical School offers the full range of modern plastic surgery, including surgical treatment of burns. The department uses the very latest reconstructive techniques to treat posttraumatic and postoperative complications, chronic degenerative diseases and congenital malformations. Also, the department has an exceptional experience in the field of breast reconstruction with the use of the patient’s autologous tissues. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Fogt.
Thanks to the rich clinical experience and expert knowledge of the department's specialists, there are offered comprehensive treatment programs adapted to the individual needs and wishes of patients, which helps to achieve excellent results even in the most severe clinical situations.
In addition, the scope of tasks of the department’s plastic surgeons also includes the removal of oncological lesions of the skin and soft tissues with the most sparing methods that prevent the occurrence of scars. The department regularly provides the surgical treatment of such tumors as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma and other malignant tumors.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Reconstruction or transplantation of nerves in paralysis due to damaged facial nerve, brachial plexus, and paralysis of other localizations (for example, lower limb)
- Reconstruction or transplantation of lymphatic vessels or lymph node groups in lymphedema
- Transplantation of the patient's own tissues from the lower abdominal wall to restore the mammary gland
- Transplantation of the patient's own tissues into the lower and upper extremities in case of large defects, consequences of accidents
- Other microsurgical interventions
- Skin and soft tissue reconstruction
- Skin grafting
- Local flap surgery
- Pedicle flap plastic surgery
- Free tissue transplantation
- Special techniques for skin and soft tissue reconstruction
- Other services
- Reconstruction in paralysis due to facial nerve damage
- Cancer surgery for skin and soft tissue tumors
- Functional restoration in paralysis / nerve reconstruction
- Operations to restore motor function in case of paralysis due to peripheral nerve damage
- Operations to restore both bending and extension function of the elbow (triceps function)
- Operations to restore hand motor function
- Operations to restore both bending and extension function of the fingers
- Operations to restore shoulder and elbow function
- Operations to restore both bending and extension function of the knee
- Other reconstructive surgeries
- Reconstructive surgery in paralysis due to the damaged nerve plexus
- Breast reconstruction
- Operations to eliminate mammary gland asymmetry and defects
- Body reshaping after a significant weight loss
- Breast lift with a change in tissue structure
- Breast lift with implants
- Upper body lift
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift
- Buttock lift
- Combined thigh and buttock lift (body lift)
- Other techniques
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift
- Forehead lift
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Ear reshaping (otoplasty)
- Treatment of wrinkles with the injections of Botox, fillers
- Reconstructive interventions for severe hand injuries
- Surgical treatment of wrist bone defects
- Surgical treatment of finger flexor injuries
- Surgical treatment of hand malformations in early childhood
- Surgical treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- Surgical treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Surgical treatment of arthritis of the thumb saddle
- Surgical treatment of ganglion
- Surgical treatment of trigger fingers
- Surgical treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Other medical services
- Treatment of severe burns
- Skin grafting
- Flap surgery
- Postoperative care / rehabilitation
- Correction of burn consequences
- Plastic operations for scar revision
- Laser therapy
- Treatment of rare skin diseases
- Other medical services
- Study of Medicine and Doctoral Thesis Defense at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- Military service, Military Doctor.
Postgraduate Education in Surgery (1985 - 1991)
- Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Lübeck.
- Hannover Medical School:
- Abdominal and Transplant Surgery (Prof. Dr. Schildberg, Prof. Dr. R. Pichlmayr).
- Traumatology (Prof. Dr. H. Tscherne).
- Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery (Prof. Dr. H. G. Borst).
- 1991 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
Postgraduate Education in Plastic Surgery (1991 - 1994)
- Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Treatment of Severe Burns, Bergmannsheil Clinics Network, Ruhr University Bochum (Prof. Dr. H. U. Steinau).
- 1994 Medical Specialist in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 1996 Qualification in Hand Surgery.
- 1998 Intensive Care in Plastic Surgery.
Fellowships (1991 - 1994)
- Scholarship for Research in Experimental Plastic Surgery at the Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- Fellow, Department of Plastic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston (Prof. Dr. E. Eriksson).
- 1994 Habilitation and Venia Legendi in Plastic Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum.
- 1994 Senior Physician and Head of Burn Treatment Service, Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Treatment of Severe burns, Bergmannsheil Clinics Network, Ruhr University Bochum.
- 1999 Visiting Professor, Plastic Surgery, Ruhr University Bochum.
- June 2001, C4 Professor, Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery, Hannover Medical School, and Head of the Department of Plastic Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery and Hand Surgery, Clinic Hannover Oststadt.
- 2005 Invitation to the Post of Professor in Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Zurich, refusal to offer.
- 01.01.2006 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery at the Hannover Medical School.
Main Research Focuses
- Wound healing.
- Chronic wounds.
- Reconstructive surgery.
- Hand surgery
- Tissue engineering.
- Skin and muscle restoration.
- Vascular surgery.
- Bone tissue restoration.
- Regenerative biology.
- Clinical researches.
- Skin restoration after burns.
Main Clinical Focuses
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery with the use of the patient's own tissues (after injuries, burns, surgery to remove tumors, including breast cancer).
- Operations on the peripheral nerves of the extremities, including the brachial plexus.
- Functional nerve restoration in paralysis.
- Hand surgery, including the cases of congenital malformations.
- Aesthetic surgery.
- 2014 - 2015 President of the German Surgery Society (DGCH).
- 2013 - 2015 President of the European Burn Association (EBA).
- 2010 - 2013 President of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC).
- 2009 - 2011 President of the German Society for Wound Healing and Treatment (DGFW).
- 2007 - 2009 President of the German Association of Burn Medicine (DGV).
- 2005 - 2006 Secretary General of the German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (DGPW).
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Professional Association of German Surgeons.
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
- German Society of Surgery.
- German Society of Traumatology.
- German-speaking Working Group on Microsurgery and Hand Surgery.
- German Society of Hand Surgery.
- German Society of Senology.
- German Society of Burn Medicine (Advisory Board).
- European Academy of Sciences and Arts.
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- European Burn Association.
- Federation of International Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (Delegate).
- International Society for Burn Injuries
- Plastic Surgery Research Council, USA.
- 1992 Grant Award, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation, Chicago, USA.
- 1993 Joseph E. Murray Resident Award, New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Newport, Rhode Island, USA.
- 1994 Von Langenbeck Award, German Society of Surgery.
- 1999 Travel Award, German Society of Surgery.
- 2008 Visiting Professor, Belgrade University.
- 2010 Edgar Ungeheuer Award, German Society of Surgery.
- 2014 Visiting Professor at the Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medizinische Hochschule Hannover (MHH)
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Aesthetic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery.
Hannover Medical School (MHH):
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.