Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology (229733)
Michael P. Manns
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, endocrinology
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology at the Hannover Medical School offers the full range of services in these medical fields. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, endocrine glands, metabolic disorders and diabetes mellitus. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Michael Manns.
Particular attention is paid to gastroenterological oncology, which treats tumors of the esophagus, stomach and intestines, neuroendocrine tumors, liver and bile duct tumors.
In addition, the department has effective methods for treating pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal diseases, as well as male and female hypogonadism. The medical team of the department develops comprehensive treatment programs for each patient individually. During the treatment, it is possible to involve specialists in endocrine, abdominal, transplant surgery and radiation medicine.
The scope of the department's tasks also includes the diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired metabolic disorders. Most often, doctors prescribe drug therapy, develop the right diet, which will help improve the patient's condition.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Counseling, dietotherapy
- Ultrasound diagnostics
- Native sonography and color Doppler sonography
- Rectal endosonography
- Special examinations of the perianal area
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasound (also with the help of radiofrequency methods)
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle puncture biopsy
- Duplex sonography
- Ultrasound elastography
- Innovative methods of ultrasound diagnostics (3D, 4D techniques)
- Other examinations
- Diagnostic and interventional endoscopy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Percutaneous liver biopsy
- Transjugular liver biopsy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Functional diagnostics (intragastric pH-metry, esophageal manometry, anorectal manometry)
- Other methods
- Treatment of malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, endocrine glands
- Treatment of liver, kidney and spleen cysts
- Treatment of metabolic disorders
- Treatment of pathological fluid accumulations (abscesses, ascites, pleural effusion)
- Treatment of other diseases
- Hannover, Germany