Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Department of Cardiology and Angiology (229737)
Specialized in: cardiology, angiology
The Department of Cardiology and Angiology at the Hannover Medical School headed by Prof. Dr. med. Johann Bauersachs specializes in treatment of acute myocardial infarction, chronic heart failure, arteriosclerosis and cardiac arrhythmias. An interdisciplinary focus is on cardiomyopathy in pregnancy, especially on the peripartum cardiomyopathy.
According to the Focus magazine rating 2017, the Department of Cardiology and Angiology at the Hannover Medical School ranks among the top German clinics specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases!
The Hannover Medical School provides the latest methods of medical diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases. In the field of interventional cardiology, the Department has at its disposal a hybrid cardiac catheterization laboratory with modern visualization as well as specialized catheterization laboratory which is primarily used for electrophysiological interventions.
Specialists of the Angiology treat patients with diseases of the peripheral arteries, veins and lymphatic vessels. The medical team around Prof. Dr. med. Johann Bauersachs carries out the whole range of the non-invasive diagnostics of circulatory disorders including Doppler sonography, full-color transcranial Doppler sonography, venous occlusive plethysmography, light reflection rheography, capillary microscopy and percutaneous oxygen measurement.
In particular, the Hannover Medical School offers the following services of the interventional cardiology:
- Invasive diagnosis of coronary vessels and heart valves
- All treatment techniques of percutaneous interventions, implantation of stents including intravascular imaging, rotablation, implantation of bioresorbable stents
- Treatment of structural heart disease (closure of a persistent foramen ovale, atrial septal defect, transfemoral aortic valve replacement, MitraClip)
- Acute care of patients with heart attack and cardiogenic shock, including use of cardiac support systems (e.g., microaxial pump Impella)
- Closure of the atrial appendage in case of atrial fibrillation for stroke prevention
- Hannover, Germany