Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (253179)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology and oncology
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at the Hannover Medical School ranks among the leading medical institutions of this kind in Germany. In addition to the treatment of all malignant diseases in childhood, the department also performs all types of stem cell transplantation. A distinctive feature of the department is the combination of clinical activities with medical research, thanks to which the department offers the very latest treatments for all oncological and hematological diseases in childhood. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Kratz.
In the field of hematology, the department specializes in all malignant and other blood diseases. These include leukemia and lymphomas common in childhood and adolescence, as well as all solid tumors. In addition, the department treats children and adolescents with benign blood diseases, including clotting disorders, diseases of red blood cells, platelets, granulocytes and lymphocytes.
The team of specialists in stem cell transplantation performs in the department transplantations that cover the whole spectrum of malignant and non-malignant diseases. Along with conventional transplants, umbilical cord blood is also used and transplants from haploidentical related donors are carried out.
An important focus of the department is the clinical laboratory, which offers a wide diagnostic range for blood and bone marrow diseases. In particular, it conducts morphological and flow-cytometric studies.
The service range of the department:
- All pediatric oncological diseases, incl.:
- Malignant neoplasms of bones and extremity articular cartilages
- Malignant brain neoplasms
- Malignant neoplasms of the connective and soft tissues
- Malignant neoplasms of the peripheral nerves and autonomic nervous system
- All pediatric hematologic diseases, incl.:
- Myeloid leukemia
- Lymphatic leukemia
- Extranodal lymphoma
- And other hematologic diseases
- Stem cell transplantation
- The whole spectrum of malignant and benign diseases
- Clinical laboratory
- The whole diagnostic spectrum of blood and bone marrow diseases
- And other diseases and treatments
- Hannover, Germany