Hannover Medical School (MHH)
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (253179)
Specialized in: pediatric hematology and oncology
About the department
The Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at the Hannover Medical School ranks among the leading medical institutions of this kind in Germany. In addition to the treatment of all malignant diseases in childhood, the department also performs all types of stem cell transplantation. A distinctive feature of the department is the combination of clinical activities with medical research, thanks to which the department offers the very latest treatments for all oncological and hematological diseases in childhood. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Kratz.
In the field of hematology, the department specializes in all malignant and other blood diseases. These include leukemia and lymphomas common in childhood and adolescence, as well as all solid tumors. In addition, the department treats children and adolescents with benign blood diseases, including clotting disorders, diseases of red blood cells, platelets, granulocytes and lymphocytes.
The team of specialists in stem cell transplantation performs in the department transplantations that cover the whole spectrum of malignant and non-malignant diseases. Along with conventional transplants, umbilical cord blood is also used and transplants from haploidentical related donors are carried out.
An important focus of the department is the clinical laboratory, which offers a wide diagnostic range for blood and bone marrow diseases. In particular, it conducts morphological and flow-cytometric studies.
The service range of the department:
- All pediatric oncological diseases, incl.:
- Malignant neoplasms of bones and extremity articular cartilages
- Malignant brain neoplasms
- Malignant neoplasms of the connective and soft tissues
- Malignant neoplasms of the peripheral nerves and autonomic nervous system
- All pediatric hematologic diseases, incl.:
- Myeloid leukemia
- Lymphatic leukemia
- Extranodal lymphoma
- And other hematologic diseases
- Stem cell transplantation
- The whole spectrum of malignant and benign diseases
- Clinical laboratory
- The whole diagnostic spectrum of blood and bone marrow diseases
- And other diseases and treatments
- Since 2003 Study of Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology at the Universities of Freiburg, Wellington and Hanover, as well as at the National Institute of Health.
- Since 2012 Chief Physician of the Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School.
- 2009 - 2012 Fellow in the Department of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, USA.
- 2008 - 2009 Head of the Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Wellington Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand.
- 2008 Invitation to the post of University Professor in Pediatrics at the University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand, refused invitation in 2009.
- 2007 Certificate of a Medical Specialist in Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
- 2005 Five-month scientific internship at the University of California, San Francisco (Scholarship of the Heinrich Kircher Foundation).
- 2005 - 2008 Senior Physician in the Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at the University Hospital Freiburg; focus: pediatric hematology and oncology.
- 2002 Recognized as a Pediatrician.
- 1999 - 2000 Scientific internship in the Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco (Mildred Scheel Scholarship).
- 2001 - 2002 Fellow in the Department of Pediatrics at the Heinrich Heine Düsseldorf University; clinical focus: pediatric hematology and oncology.
- 1998 - 1999 Fellow in the Department of Pediatrics at the Heinrich Heine Düsseldorf University; clinical focus: pediatric hematology and oncology.
- 1998 Admission to medical practice (approbation).
- 1997 - 1998 Trainee Doctor in the Department of Pediatrics at the Heinrich Heine Düsseldorf University.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Medizinische Hochschule Hannover (MHH)
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
Hannover Medical School (MHH):
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.