HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Cardiology (381403)
Specialized in: cardiology
About the department
The Department of Cardiology at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full range of services in this medical focus. The department specializes in the treatment of heart failure, heart rhythm disorders, heart valve diseases and other heart pathologies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Heinrich Klues.
For the provision of emergency medical care, the department has a Chest Pain Unit. The department is equipped with the state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment for conducting various cardiac examinations: ECG, echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, spiroergometry, cardiac MRI, CT, cardiac catheterization, etc.
The department provides various treatment methods for heart failure. Quite often, a positive treatment result can be achieved with the help of drug therapy. Nevertheless, in severe forms of pathology, a pacemaker or defibrillator implantation is required. Another option is the use of an artificial heart system.
In addition, the diagnosis and treatment of all forms of cardiac arrhythmia (heart rhythm disorders) are carried out here. Naturally, the main treatment method is drug therapy, which is often accompanied by targeted myocardial ablation. The main goal of arrhythmia treatment is to improve the quality of life. An effective method for treating atrial fibrillation is atrial catheter ablation.
The treatment of mitral valve defects is provided with the modern method Mitra-Clip, which is a mitral valve reconstruction with a catheter and is an excellent alternative to open intervention. The procedure is performed under the control of ultrasound, without opening the thorax.
The department offers a wide range of outpatient services:
- ECG, exercise ECG, long-term ECG
- Long-term blood pressure monitoring
- Echocardiography (ultrasound examination of the heart)
- Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)
- Stress echocardiography
- Pulmonary function testing
- Heart MRI (stress MRI and MRI at rest)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac catheterization (coronary angiography)
- Electrical cardioversion
- Monitoring of patients with pacemakers and defibrillators
- Laboratory tests
- Other diagnostic services
- Heart failure
- Congenital and acquired heart defects
- Ischemic heart disease, including the indication for recanalization of chronically chronically occluded blood vessels
- Heart valve diseases, including the indication for minimally invasive interventions for the treatment of heart valves (TAVI, MitraClip)
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Care after heart transplantation and implantation of cardiac support systems
- Hypertension and heart diseases caused by hypertension
- Correction of risk factors for the development of cardiovascular diseases
- Primary and secondary prevention
- Other treatments
- 1976 - 1983 Study of Medicine at the Westphalian Wilhelm University of Münster.
- 1983 Final examination. Medical License.
- 1983 - 1987 Internship, Internal Medicine, St. Joseph’s Hospital Warendorf, Department of Internal Medicine (Head: Dr. H. Kahlert).
- 1987 - 1989 Internship (Senior Fellow), Department of Cardiology, General Hospital Bielefeld-Mitte (Head: Prof. Dr. med. H. Kuhn).
- 1988 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1989 - 1991 Research Fellowship, National Institute of Health (National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute; NHLBI), Cardiology and Cardiac Pathology, Bethesda, Maryland, USA (Heads: Dr. med. S. E. Epstein, (cardiology), Dr. med. W. C. Roberts (cardiac pathology).
- 1991 Research Fellow, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Aachen (Head: Prof. Dr. P. Hanrath).
- 1992 - 1995 Assistant Medical Director, Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Aachen.
- 1993 Medical Specialist in Cardiology.
- 1995 - 1999 Representative of the Head of the Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Aachen.
- 1998 Medical Specialist in Internal Intensive Care.
- 1999 Head of the Department of Cardiology, HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
Department of Cardiology.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.