HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Neurology (384360)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
The Department of Neurology at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full spectrum in this medical focus. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system. For the outstanding results in the field of stroke treatment, the department is certified by the German Stroke Society. Innovative technical equipment of the department, many years of experience and expertise of doctors, as well as the use of the latest treatments, guarantee excellent treatment results even in the most difficult clinical situations. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Haarmeier.
The department offers all methods of neurophysiological diagnosis. The main ones are electroencephalography (EEG), evoked potentials, neurography, electromyography, dopplerography, autonomic functional diagnostics and other examinations.
To provide an emergency treatment of stroke patients, the department is equipped with an ultramodern Stroke Unit. There is a constant monitoring of blood pressure, heart function, blood oxygen levels, blood sugar levels and temperature, which helps to optimize blood flow in the brain. In addition, there is provided an effective drug therapy to prevent further circulatory disorders and contribute to the normalization of the patient's condition. The next stage is early rehabilitation, for which the department employs a specially trained team of nurses, physiotherapists, ergotherapists and speech therapists.
The department’s range of medical services covers diagnostics and conservative treatment of the following neurological diseases:
- Diseases of the peripheral nervous system
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Neuro-ophthalmic diseases
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
- And other neurological disorders
- 1987 - 1993 Study of Medicine at the Westphalian Wilhelm University of Münster, Scholar of the German Student Foundation.
- 1994 Academic Degree in Neurology (summa cum laude).
- 1994 - 2011 Department of Neurology, University Hospital Tübingen.
- 2001 Medical Specialist in Neurology.
- 2002 Habilitation at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen.
- 2003 - 2011 Senior Physician of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Tübingen, Leading Position in the field of stroke treatment, electrophysiology (EEG, EMG, EP, Doppler examinations, vestibular function testing), training, quality management.
- 2009 Appointment as Visiting Professor at the University of Tübingen.
- 2011 - 2014 Department of Neurology, University Hospital Aachen, Senior Leading Physician, clinical focus: stroke management and neurological intensive care.
- Since 2014 Chief Physician of the Department of Neurology at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- Deputy Head of the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- Authorized person for risk management in the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- Member of the Ethics Committee at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
Department of Neurology.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.