HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Adult and Pediatric Nuclear Medicine (384361)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric nuclear medicine
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Nuclear Medicine at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in this medical focus. The department is headed by Dr. med. Christian Uhlenbruck.
The medical team of the department has many years of experience in treating benign and malignant diseases with the help of open radioactive preparations. In addition, there is offered radioiodine therapy for an effective treatment of thyroid diseases.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Skeletal scintigraphy
- Early detection and monitoring of bone metastases
- Detection of inflammatory processes, degenerative changes and traumatic injuries
- Analysis of orthopedic and surgical problems
- Diagnostic examinations of the thyroid gland and radioiodine therapy
- Focal and diffuse thyroid autonomy
- Autoimmune diseases of the thyroid (Basedow's disease)
- Detection of metastases and postoperative removal of residual thyroid tissue in thyroid cancer
- Heart scintigraphy
- Quantitative assessment of the cardiac muscle regional perfusion at rest and stress (as an evaluation of the revascularization effectiveness)
- Kidney scintigraphy
- Quantitative and segregation analysis of intra- and postrenal urinary efflux
- Kidney function testing before and after chemotherapy with nephrotoxic drugs
- Diagnosis of hypertension
- Identification of malformations of the kidneys and urinary tract
- Diagnostics of sentinel lymph nodes
- Detection of breast cancer and malignant melanoma
- Lung scintigraphy
- Examination of regional lung ventilation and perfusion
- Diagnosis of pulmonary embolism
- Scintigraphy in oncological diseases
- Diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors
- Detection of parathyroid gland adenomas
- Brain scintigraphy
- Imaging of the regional cerebral blood flow in epilepsy, stroke, dementia, Alzheimer's disease
- Differential diagnosis in Parkinson's disease, severe tremor (imaging of dopamine carriers and dopamine receptors)
- Examination of the cerebrospinal fluid during in a liquor fistula
- Peritumoral lymphoscintigraphy
- Identification of the "sentinel" regional lymph node in breast cancer and malignant melanoma
- Pain therapy in bone metastases
- Palliative therapy with Sm-153
- PET-CT combination (most often for the detection of a malignant tumor, evaluation of the degree of tumor spread, the effectiveness of treatment and relapse, the detection of neurological and cardiac diseases)
- PET-CT in children of any age
- And other procedures
- 1996 - 1997 Intern, Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Cologne (Prof. Dr. med H. Schicha).
- 01/11/1997 Medical License.
- 1997 - 1998 Research Associate, Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Erlangen (Prof. Dr. med. T. Kuwert).
- 1999 - 2001 Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Regensburg (Prof. Dr. med. Chr. Eilles).
- 23/04/1999 Doctorate in Medicine.
- 10/10/2001 Board Certification, Munich.
- 01/02 - 06/02 Radiology Group Practice in Dortmund.
- 07/02 - 06/09 Head Physician, Department of Radiological Diagnostics and Nuclear Medicine, Hospital Bremen-Mitte.
- 04/08 - 06/09 Additional activity at MR-PET/CT Centre Bremen.
- Since 01/07/2009 Chief Physician, Department of Adult and Pediatric Nuclear Medicine, HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Nuclear Medicine.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home