HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology (384362)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric radiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology at the HELIOS Clinic Krefeld offers the full spectrum of services in these medical fields. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Marcus Katoh.
Thanks to the state-of-the-art equipment that meets the university level of medicine, the department carries out a variety of diagnostic examinations: angiography, CT, MRI, mammography, radiography, PET-CT, ultrasound and many other examinations. In the field of interventional radiology, the focus is on the treatment of vascular diseases, benign, malignant tumors and metastases.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnostic examinations (X-ray, CT, NMRI, MRI, angiography, myelography, etc.)
- Treatment of stroke in cerebrovascular occlusion (thrombectomy)
- Interventional procedures for the treatment of brain aneurysms
- Stenting for the treatment of carotid artery stenosis
- Treatment of arteriovenous malformations (angiomas)
- Other methods
- Selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) for the treatment of liver cancer
- Cardiac CT and MRI
- Interventional vascular surgery
- Percutaneous transluminal balloon angioplasty
- Transcutaneous transluminal angioplasty with a stent
- Spiral embolization
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE) for the treatment of liver cancer
- Prostatic artery embolization for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Uterine artery embolisation (UAE) for the treatment of uterine myomas
- Embolization of the bleeding vessels and vascular anomalies
- Implantation of filters in the vena cava in pulmonary embolism
- Transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) at high pressure in the portal vein system
- And other treatments
- CT-guided interventional procedures
- Tissue sampling for histological examination
- Puncture and drainage in case of fluid accumulation
- Pain therapy (for example, selective injection of a drug into the spine)
- Treatment of tumors (for example, percutaneous radiofrequency ablation for liver and lung tumors, irreversible electroporation for pancreatic tumors)
- And other procedures
- Diagnostic examinations in children and adolescents
- Ultrasound examinations
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- And other diagnostic methods
- 1993 -1999 Study of Medicine, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf. Completed with the third part of the medical licensing examination.
- 2000 Doctoral Thesis: "Surgical treatment of chronic pancreatitis with special regard to long-term outcomes", Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Düsseldorf.
- 2006 Postdoctoral Thesis:
- "MR coronary angiography: Techniques of visualising the vascular lumen, the vessel wall and the coronary blood flow", Department of Diagnostic Radiology, RWTH Aachen.
- 2000 - 2001 Intern, Department of General Surgery, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- 2001 Medical License.
- 2001 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2004 Grant, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Department of Medicine (Section for Cardiovascular Medicine), Boston, MA, USA.
- 2004 Visiting Physician, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Radiology (MRI Division), USA.
- 2004 - 2006 Assistant Physician, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2006 Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2006 Senior Physician,
- Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Aachen.
- 2006 - 2011 Managing Senior Physician, Section for Angiography, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Saarland, Homburg.
- 2007 - 2011 Managing Senior Physician, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Saarland, Homburg.
- 2009 3rd place in the appointment proposal while applying for the W2 professorship for cardiopulmonary imaging, Institute for X-Ray Diagnostics, University of Regensburg.
- 2010 Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Saarland.
- 2010 Instructor for Interventional Radiology, German Society of Interventional Radiology (DeGIR).
- 2011 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology, HELIOS Clinic Krefeld.
- 2009 - 2011 MBA programme, RheinAhrCampus Remagen, Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Department of Adult and Pediatric Radiology.
HELIOS Clinic Krefeld:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home