Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Department of Angiology, Endocrinology and Diabetology (594910)
Specialized in: angiology, endocrinology, diabetology
About the Department of Angiology, Endocrinology and Diabetology at Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
The Department of Angiology, Endocrinology and Diabetology at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in these areas. The department specializes in the treatment of acute and chronic vascular diseases, as well as endocrine diseases, including hormonal disorders, osteoporosis and lipid metabolism disorders. Of particular interest to the doctors of the department is the treatment of type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus, diabetic foot syndrome. The department was awarded certification as a specialized Center for Diabetology of the German Diabetes Society for its outstanding achievements in this field. The department is headed by Dr. med. Peter Klein-Weigel.
The medical team of the department’s angiologists provides treatment for calcification and occlusion of arterial vessels, venous thrombosis and complications of diabetes mellitus. Thanks to the use of the very latest diagnostic methods, the doctors can timely identify the pathology and ensure its effective treatment, which can prevent the development of complications with damage to the heart, brain and kidneys. The specialists in their clinical practice mostly have to deal with pathologies, such as peripheral arterial disease, Raynaud's syndrome, diabetic foot, vasculitides, deep vein thrombosis, chronic venous insufficiency and lymphedema.
The scope of endocrinologists' tasks includes the diagnostics and treatment of various hormonal disorders. Thanks to the very latest ultrasound systems, imaging studies, including nuclear and functional testing, the doctors can provide the accurate diagnostics. After carrying out all the necessary tests and determining the exact diagnosis, the doctor prescribes the optimal treatment.
The patients with diabetes mellitus are offered special training courses on lifestyle modification to control the pathology. The main treatment is insulin therapy. The patients are also taught self-administration of insulin. With the development of diabetic foot, the doctors take all the necessary measures to avoid amputation.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Analysis of risk factors for vascular diseases before and after surgery, modification of risk factors
- Duplex sonography of the blood vessels
- Diagnostics and treatment of microcirculatory disorders and diseases of small blood vessels, such as capillaries, arterioles, venules and vessels of the upper and lower extremities
- Early detection of vascular disease, including aortic condition screening
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Computed, magnetic-resonance, and positron emission tomography
- Conservative and interventional treatment of diseases of the arteries, thrombosis and embolism, vascular malformations and diabetic foot
- Diagnostics and treatment of vasculitides and collagenoses
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital and acquired blood clotting disorders
- Physical therapy for lymphedema
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders of the pituitary and adrenal glands
- Diagnostics and treatment of goiter and thyroid tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Diagnostics and treatment of autoimmune diseases (for example, Graves' disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis)
- Diagnostics and treatment of Conn's syndrome (excessive production of aldosterone)
- Diagnostics and treatment of Cushing's syndrome (excessive production of cortisol)
- Diagnosis and treatment of Addison's disease (lack of hormones of the adrenal cortex)
- Diagnostics and treatment of growth disorders (short stature, acromegaly)
- Diagnostics and treatment of hormonal disorders affecting the reproductive function
- Diagnostics and treatment of hyperproduction or deficiency of sex hormones (hyperandrogenism, testosterone deficiency)
- Diagnostics and treatment of lipid metabolism disorders
- Diagnostics and treatment of osteoporosis and other bone mineral density disorders
- Hormone replacement in case of sex reassignment
- Diagnostics and treatment of all forms of diabetes mellitus
- Lifestyle modification for diabetes
- Nutrition advice
- Insulin therapy and training for self-use of insulin pumps
- Training for the use of glucometer
- Installation of long-term glucose monitoring systems
- Diagnostics and treatment of complications of diabetes mellitus (diabetic foot)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Curriculum vitae of Dr. med. Peter Klein-Weigel
On July 1, 2022, Dr. med. Peter Klein-Weigel took over as the Head Physician of the Department of Angiology, Endocrinology and Diabetology at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch. The doctor is board certified in Internal Medicine and Angiology. Prior to joining the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch, Dr. Peter Klein-Weigel served as the Head Physician of the Department of Angiology at the Hospital Ernst von Bergmann Potsdam. In 2017, he also took over the position of the Head Physician at the Helios Hospital Emil von Behring Berlin-Zehlendorf. Special areas of the doctor's clinical activity include the diagnosis and treatment of blood circulatory disorders of the extremities, conservative and invasive treatment of arterial occlusions, venous thromboembolism and vascular malformations. He also pays special attention to the treatment of atherosclerosis and the elimination of risk factors for its development.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
Department of Angiology, Endocrinology and Diabetology.
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.