Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Department of Orthopedics (594924)
Specialized in: orthopedics
About the Department of Orthopedics at Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
The Department of Orthopedics at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch offers the full range of highly accurate diagnostic examinations and modern treatment methods for patients with musculoskeletal diseases. Of particular interest to the department's doctors are knee and hip joint replacement surgery, treatment of rheumatic lesions of the musculoskeletal system. If possible, surgical interventions are performed using minimally invasive techniques, as well as with the very latest navigation and robot-assisted systems. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Kendoff.
The department's orthopedists have excellent qualifications in the treatment of knee and hip diseases. At the initial stages of pathologies, it is often possible to eliminate pain and restore normal mobility of the patient with the help of physiotherapy and drug treatment. If conservative methods do not help to solve the problem, the department's doctors carry out surgical interventions in order to replace knee or hip joint with an artificial one. In clinical practice, only high-quality endoprostheses made from reliable material with a long service life are used. The department's specialization also includes revision interventions to replace previously implanted endoprostheses. The patient is often prescribed rehabilitation measures after joint replacement (within the specialized Rehabilitation Center). Rehabilitation takes about three weeks and can be carried out both on an outpatient and inpatient basis.
An equally important focus of the department's work is the treatment of orthopedic diseases of the rheumatic spectrum. Inflammatory rheumatic diseases affect joints and tendons, and in the absence of treatment, they can lead to serious dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system (in especially advanced cases, even to disability). If rheumatic joint lesions do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be required. To relieve pain and prevent the destruction of articular structures, the doctors perform resection of the joint mucosa (synovectomy) or tendon mucosa (tenosynovectomy). In the case of tendon rupture, reconstructive interventions are performed. The department's competence also includes arthroscopic procedures, especially on the joints of the fingers, toes and elbow joints.
The key focuses of the department's clinical practice include:
- Partial and total knee replacement surgery
- Partial and total hip replacement surgery
- Revision interventions to replace previously implanted joint prostheses
- Conservative and surgical treatment of rheumatic lesions of the musculoskeletal system
- Interventions on the joint mucosa and tendon sheath
- Reconstruction interventions on the tendons
- Arthroscopic interventions
- Other medical services
Curriculum vitae of Prof. Dr. med. Daniel Kendoff
- 1997 Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest, Hungary.
- 1997 - 2001 University of Essen.
- 1998 Emergency Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- 1999 Elective Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 2001 Diploma of the University of Essen.
- 2001 Internship in Orthopedic Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA.
- 2001 Internship, Department of Orthopedics, New York University, New York, USA.
- 2008 Habilitation, Hannover Medical School.
- 2002 - 2007 Assistant Physician, Hannover Medical School.
- 2007 - 2008 Research Fellow, Department of Orthopedics, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, USA.
- 2009 - 2010 Medical Specialist, Helios ENDO-Klinik Hamburg.
- 2010 - 2015 Senior Physician, Helios ENDO-Klinik Hamburg.
- Since 2015 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedics at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch.
Clinical and Research Focuses
- Total knee replacement surgery.
- Partial knee replacement surgery (sliding prosthesis).
- Total hip replacement surgery.
- Clinical trials on total knee and hip replacement surgery.
- Revision knee and hip interventions.
- Revision interventions in periprosthetic infections.
- Joint replacement surgery using navigation and robotic systems.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
Department of Orthopedics.
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.