Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery (594936)
Specialized in: plastic and aesthetic surgery
About the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
The Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch offers the full service range in this field and specializes in plastic interventions to correct defects and improve aesthetic appearance of the face and body. One of the most important focuses of the department's work is reconstructive breast surgery after tumor resection. The department has at its disposal advanced surgical equipment, as well as special computer systems for modeling the results of the intervention prior to surgery. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Oliver Thamm.
The specialists in reconstructive plastic surgery deal with the correction of effects of injuries and burns to increase self-esteem and quality of life of patients. The surgical options include standard plastic surgical interventions, functional reconstructive surgery and modern surgery to correct defects. The treatment tactics are developed in interdisciplinary cooperation with the doctors of the necessary medical fields.
The scope of competence of surgeons specializing in plastic and aesthetic surgery includes medical care to patients who suffer from complexes associated with their appearance, age-related changes in the face and body. Prior to the operation, the doctors hold individual consultations, during which the patient and the surgeon discuss in detail the problem and possible solutions. The department's therapeutic options include lift of all facial areas, nose, auricle reshaping, lift of all parts of the body, liposuction, augmentation, breast reduction and lift, and other services.
The main focuses of the department's clinical practice include:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Treatment of the effects of burns
- Scar revision
- Treatment of non-healing wounds
- Treatment of diabetic foot
- Treatment of bedsores
- Treatment of nerve ending injuries
- Correction of the consequences of cancer surgery (restoration of the shape and function of organs)
- Correction of skin and soft tissue lesions after accidents or skin tumors
- Lymphedema treatment
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Facial plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Treatment of wrinkles (injections of botox, fillers, autologous fat)
- Face lift
- Eyelid lift
- Quad (combined lift of the upper and lower eyelids)
- Neck and cheekbone lift
- Upper and lower eyelid lift
- Chin reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Correction of bags under the eyes
- Body lift after weight loss
- Body lift (Lockwood surgery)
- Tummy tuck
- Hip lift
- Arm lift
- Butt lift
- Body shape correction
- Removal of the fat folds of the anterior abdominal wall
- Treatment of lipedema
- Correction of the shape and size of the labia
- Correction of the shape and size of the navel
- Lipoma removal
- Facial plastic and aesthetic surgery
- Breast surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast asymmetry correction
- Breast reshaping after weight loss
- Breast reduction in men with gynecomastia
- Breast removal for sex reassignment
- Other services
Curriculum vitae of PD Dr. med. Oliver Thamm
- 1998 - 2003 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Hamburg.
- 2003 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 2004 - 2005 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Hamburg.
- 2005 Admission to medical practice.
- 2006 - 2008 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, Hospital Reinbek St. Adolf-Stift (Academic Hospital of the University of Hamburg).
- 2010 - 2016 Visiting Physician of the Remscheid Emergency Medical Care
- 2008 - 2013 Assistant Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Cologne-Merheim Hospital (Hospital at the Witten/Herdecke University).
- 2013 - 2014 Acting Head of the Department, Department of Plastic Surgery, Cologne-Merheim Hospital (Hospital at the Witten/Herdecke University).
- 2014 - 2015 Senior Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Cologne-Merheim Hospital (Hospital at the Witten/Herdecke University).
- 2016 - 2018 Senior Physician, Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Breast Center, Sana Hospital Gerresheim.
- Since 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch.
- 2009 Theoretical basis of the specialty in Radiation Protection.
- 2010 Certified Investigator Physician in accordance with the recommendations of the GCP (Good Clinical Practice), Munich Research Center.
- 2010 Additional qualification in Emergency Medicine.
- 2012 Board certification in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
- 2015 Additional qualification in Hand Surgery.
- Member of the Faculty of Healthcare, Witten/Herdecke University.
- Member of the Committee on Medical Student Selection.
- Member of the expanded Council of the German Burn Society, Head of the Burn Registry (initiated in 2014 by Prof. Tamm).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery.
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.