Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Department of Vascular Surgery (594940)
Specialized in: vascular surgery
About the department
The Department of Vascular Surgery at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch offers the full range of diagnostics and surgical treatment of vascular diseases. The key to successful clinical practice of the medical facility is the availability of state-of-the-art surgical techniques and the vast experience of doctors. The vascular pathologies are treated using sparing minimally invasive techniques. The department's competence also includes emergency medical care (around the clock). The department is headed by Dr. med. Andreas Gussmann.
Each patient in the department is provided with customized medical care of the highest standard. The department is part of the Berlin-Buch Vascular Center, within which it closely cooperates with specialists in the field of angiology, diabetology, cardiology, nephrology, radiology and neuroradiology. Thus, the department can provide the comprehensive treatment, taking into account all the specificities of each clinical case.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic services
- Examinations of the arterial and venous vascular system using dopplerography and duplex sonography
- Color Doppler ultrasonography to determine blood flow velocity
- Invasive diagnostics for the accurate contrast-enhanced vascular imaging
- Angiography, computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Physiological examination of blood coagulation
- Treatment of vascular patency
- Treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms, aneurysms of the vessels of the upper and lower limbs
- Vascular prosthetics
- Endovascular interventions using catheter techniques for the treatment of aneurysms
- Endovascular interventions for vascular dilatation in case of occlusion (for example, in thrombosis)
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty
- Balloon dilatation and stent implantation
- Drug therapy for blood-clotting disorders to reduce the risk of thrombosis
- Treatment of varicose veins
- Stripping and vein removal
- Plastic interventions to correct the effects of varicose veins
- Conservative treatments (for example, infusion therapy, physiotherapy)
- Vascular bypass surgery
- Carotid interventions
- Surgical treatment of carotid stenosis
- Carotid interventions to reduce stroke risk
- Carotid prosthetics
- Formation of the access for dialysis, chemotherapy and infusion therapy
- Follow-up care
- Intensive care and monitoring after complex surgery
- Individual pain therapy after surgery
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
Department of Vascular Surgery.
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.