Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-Orthopedics (594948)
Specialized in: pediatric orthopedics, neuro-orthopedics
About the Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-Orthopedics at Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch
The Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-Orthopedics at the Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch provides the accurate diagnostics and comprehensive treatment of musculoskeletal diseases in children and adolescents, including neurological pathologies accompanied by orthopedic disorders and complications. The doctors of the department work closely with specialists in the field of pediatrics, pediatric surgery and orthopedics. In addition to quality treatment, young patients are offered a special rehabilitation program with the elements of games. The department is headed by Dr. med. Matthias Rogalski.
The treatment of orthopedic diseases in children requires special medical knowledge and experience, since the task of a pediatric orthopedist is not only to restore the health of the child, but also to ensure his proper development and growth. The department’s experts have in their arsenal many special treatment methods that are most effective for a growing child’s body. Preference is given to an integrated approach, which means that the treatment process involves the participation of pediatric orthopedists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, rehabilitologists and specially trained nursing staff. Each clinical case is unique, so the doctors develop treatment tactics on an individual basis.
The department’s range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of congenital musculoskeletal diseases
- Ultrasound diagnostics in infants
- Conservative and surgical treatment of hip dysplasia
- Conservative and surgical treatment of clubfoot
- Interdisciplinary treatment of systemic diseases (for example, cerebral palsy)
- Treatment for uncontrolled bone growth (bone exostosis)
- Reconstructive surgery for orthopedic diseases
- Correction of joint and foot deformities
- Correction of the O-shaped and X-shaped deformities of the lower extremities, leg length discrepancy
- Lengthening of the lower extremities using modern Magec rod systems for internal fixation and external fixation devices
- Correction of axial deformities of tubular bones
- Treatment of aseptic bone necrosis (for example,, Perthes disease)
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Sparing interventions for knee, ankle and hip injuries
- Sanitation for infectious joint lesion
- Conservative and surgical treatment of bone fractures
- Treatment using special internal and external fixators
- Treatment of osteogenesis imperfecta
- Minimally invasive interventions
- Fracture treatment, including rod intramedullary osteosynthesis, growing metal rod implantation
- Treatment of diseases of the femoral neck and head
- Treatment of juvenile necrosis of the femoral head
- Treatment of juvenile epiphysiolysis
- Treatment of musculoskeletal cancers
- Surgical treatment of benign neoplasms
- Surgical treatment of malignant neoplasms (in collaboration with specialists in pediatric oncology and orthopedic oncology)
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics and Neuro-Orthopedics.
Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.