HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology (384368)
Specialized in: nephrology, rheumatology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal is part of the Clinic of Internal Medicine I (Hematology/Oncology, Palliative Care, Nephrology and Rheumatology) and covers the whole spectrum of modern outpatient and inpatient nephrology. It treats all forms of arterial hypertension, kidney diseases and rheumatic diseases. The department treats more than 1,400 inpatients every year. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Scott-Oliver Grebe.
The department includes the Nephrology Center with 32 beds. All modern methods of extracorporeal blood purification and peritoneal dialysis are used here. In total, here are conducted more than 24,000 dialysis procedures or renal replacement therapies every year.
Another focus of the department’s activities is Outpatient Clinic for Nephrology. It provides medical care to patients with all types and stages of arterial hypertension and nephrological diseases. Every year, the outpatient clinic provides its services to more than 2,500 patients.
In addition, the Outpatient Clinic for Nephrology also provides the full range of nephrological functional diagnostics for the entire University Hospital and external medical facilities. In December 2014, the Department of Nephrology and Hypertension was certified by the German Society of Nephrology (DGfN) as the "Specialized Nephrology Clinic".
Another department’s focus is rheumatology, within the framework of which here is provided diagnostics and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases, in particular of those with kidney damage.
The range of services in the field of nephrology includes the following options:
- Inflammatory vascular disease (for example, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Inflammatory spinal disease (for example, ankylosing spondylitis)
- Inflammatory diseases of the connective tissue (for example, undifferentiated connective tissue disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, myositis, dermatomyositis, mixed connective tissue disease, etc.)
- Immune vasculitides (for example, rheumatic polymyalgia, ANCA-associated diseases)
- Degenerative rheumatic diseases (arthrosis, degenerative changes in the spine)
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system, metabolic disorders in osteoporosis, gout, diabetes mellitus
- And other diseases.
The main focuses of the Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology:
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Treatment of blood poisoning (sepsis)
- Diagnosis and treatment of autoimmune diseases
- Bypass Surgery Center
- Diagnosis and treatment of tubulointerstitial diseases of the kidneys
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney failure
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the kidneys and ureters
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases of the urinary system
- And other diseases.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Universitätsklinikum Wuppertal
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.