HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Diabetology and Endocrinology (384370)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, hepatology, diabetology, endocrinology
About the department
The Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Diabetology and Endocrinology at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers individual and complex diagnostics and treatment of all diseases of the digestive system, including those of the pancreas and liver. Pancreatic and bowel cancers are treated within the specialized centers (the Bowel Cancer Center, the Pancreatic Cancer Center) certified by the German Cancer Society (DKG). The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Prinz.
The main tasks of the department include diagnosis and treatment of diabetes, metabolic disorders, bowel cancer, digestive system diseases, hormone producing organs (endocrinology), liver and biliary tract diseases, etc. All advanced treatment methods are available for the treatment of diseases. In particular, in the treatment of bowel cancer, depending on its location, the treatment program can include both chemo-, radiation therapy and surgical treatment. Priority is given to organ-preserving operations, the formation of enterostomy may be required in rare cases.
The range of the department’s services includes the following options:
- Diagnosis and treatment of digestive diseases (gastroenterology)
- Diagnosis and treatment of rectal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of peritoneal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancers
- Diagnosis and treatment of infectious and parasitic diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of geriatric diseases
- Treatment of blood poisoning/sepsis
- Diagnosis and treatment of other diseases
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Universitätsklinikum Wuppertal
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Diabetology and Endocrinology.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.