HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Urology (388004)
Specialized in: urology
About the department
The Department of Urology at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers treatment of all diseases of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and genital organs. A separate focus is placed on the treatment of urinary incontinence in women and kidney stones. Prostate diseases are treated within the interdisciplinary specialized Prostate Center. Providing treatment to more than 3,600 inpatients every year, the Department of Urology ranks among the largest urological clinics in Germany. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Roth.
The Chief Physician of the department, Prof. Roth, is a leading specialist in urology. The FOCUS magazine ranks him among the top German specialists in the field of urologic tumor and prostate treatment.
The Department of Urology specializes in the treatment of urologic tumors, and particularly, in prostate cancer treatment. According to the FOCUS magazine, the Prostate Center belongs to the top urological clinics in Germany. For the treatment of prostate cancer, all modern methods are available: surgical treatment, various forms of radiation therapy, continuous and intermittent hormonal therapy, monitoring in dynamics, drug therapy. Therapy is planned in cooperation with all specialists (urologists, radiologists, oncologists, psychologists, psychotherapists).
Spectrum of diagnosis and treatment of urologic diseases:
- Prostate cancer
- Surgical treatment
- Different forms of radiation therapy
- Continuous and intermittent hormonal therapy
- Bladder cancer
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Bladder removal with urostomy
- Chemotherapy and immunotherapy
- Kidney and adrenal cancer
- Organ-preserving resection of kidney tumors
- Radical nephrectomy
- Resection of adrenal tumors
- Testicular cancer
- Corrective diagnostics
- Surgical treatment, including nerve-preserving techniques
- And also all treatments of other urologic diseases.
The main focuses of the department:
- Urogynecology and urinary incontinence in women
- Urologic cancers (including prostate, bladder, testicular, kidney and adrenal cancer)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Kidney stone disease
- Ormond's disease.
- 1976 - 1983 Study of Medicine at the RWTH Aachen.
- 1983 - 1985 Assistant at the University of Paris, Department for Urology.
- 1985 - 1988 Assistant in the Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Düren.
- 1989 Certified Physician in Urology; Chief Physician, Düren Hospital; research fellowship at the University of Rennes, France.
- 1992 Chief Physician, Department of Urology, Westphalian Wilhelm University of Münster.
- 1993 Managing Chief Physician.
- 1994 Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts, Department of Urology.
- 1997 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Urology.
- 1992 Head of the Department of Urology, Professorship at the University Witten-Herdecke, at the HELIOS Hospital Wuppertal.
Department of Urology.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.