HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery (388007)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers the full range of services in these medical fields. An experienced medical team conducts a high-precision diagnostics and provides a competent treatment of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses, ears, neck and larynx. One of the priorities of the department is the treatment of oncological diseases of the ENT organs. The department is headed by Dr. med.
The department specializes in the treatment of acute and chronic inflammation of the paranasal sinuses (sinusitis). Of particular importance is the precise diagnosis of this pathology, since if not treated timely, the disease can become chronic. Chronic sinusitis can cause serious complications, for example, polyps (excessive proliferation of the mucous membrane in the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses), the treatment of which often requires surgical intervention.
The department’s service range also includes endoscopy of the parotid salivary glands – a minimally invasive procedure that is performed with a miniature endoscope and surgical instruments. The manipulation is performed both for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. For example, the specialists of the department often conduct endoscopy to identify and remove salivary gland stones (up to 5 mm). In addition, this procedure is an excellent alternative to the removal of the salivary gland. Thus, the the patient can avoid open intervention leading to the risk of visible scars and facial nerve damage. Endoscopic techniques are also widely used for the diagnosis and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children, for example, in chronic recurrent juvenile parotitis, the child is prescribed endoscopic salivary gland rinsing.
It should be noted that the specialists of the department have unique experience and advanced techniques for the comprehensive treatment of oncological diseases of the ENT organs. In this field, patients are offered prevention, surgical treatment, rehabilitation and post-operative care corresponding to the high standards of university medicine.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Diagnosis: various examinations of the nasal cavity, pharynx, esophagus, tests to check the hearing, taste, olfactory function, diagnosis of dizziness, etc.
- Endoscopic methods of diagnosis and treatment (for children as well)
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses in adults and children
- Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the ears, neck and larynx in adults and children
- Diagnosis and treatment of ENT organs cancers in adults and children
- Operations on ENT organs with the use modern, minimally invasive techniques
- Radiation therapy (in cooperation with the Department of Radiation Therapy)
- Chemotherapy (in cooperation with the Department of Hematology)
- Socio-medical counseling
- Post-operative care and rehabilitation
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic services
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home