HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology (389416)
Specialized in: radiation therapy, radiation oncology
About the department
The Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers the full range of services in these medical focuses. The department specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant diseases, as well as joint inflammatory diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Marc Piroth.
The department is equipped with the most advanced high-precision equipment: two linear accelerators, a computer tomograph (Big Bore) for radiation planning, an X-ray therapy device for intraoperative radiotherapy in breast cancer and other devices.
The most common diseases treated with radiotherapy are:
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Cancer of the ENT organs
- Bowel cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cancer of the genitals
- Skin cancer
- Liver, pancreatic cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Inflammatory joint diseases accompanied by pain syndrome (for example, knee joint arthrosis, heel spur, tennis elbow)
- And other diseases
Therapeutic options of the department include:
- Stereotactic radiation therapy
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for breast cancer treatment
- Radiation therapy for bowel cancer treatment
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for the treatment of tumors of the pelvic organs and abdominal cavity
- And other treatment methods
Special offers of the department:
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)
- Rotational intensity modulated radiation therapy
- Image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT)
- High-precision irradiation
- Irradiation of superficial tumors
- Combined chemoradiotherapy
- Palliative care medicine methods
- Additional naturopathy methods
- Other treatment methods
Photo of the doctor: (c) Helios Universitätsklinikum Wuppertal
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.