HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Department of Dermatology (389417)
Specialized in: dermatology
About the department
The Department of Dermatology at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers the full spectrum of services in this medical focus. The department specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin diseases. Here are offered innovative treatment methods for all types of skin cancer and elimination of defects after surgical interventions with the help of aesthetic corrective procedures. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Percy Lehmann, who, according to the prestigious FOCUS edition, ranks among the top German specialists in Germany in 2018.
One of the most important focuses of the department is the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer. The first stage of treatment is an exhaustive consultation, during which there is established a trustful relationship between the patient and the doctor, prescribed all the necessary examinations. An interdisciplinary study of test results is followed by the development of an individual treatment plan. As a rule, the treatment is based on a surgical procedure, which, depending on the pathology stage, is supplemented by chemotherapy, immunotherapy or photochemotherapy.
Patients do not need to worry about cosmetic defects that may occur after surgery, as the department offers the latest achievements in aesthetic corrective dermatology: surgical methods and modern cosmetic technologies. A profound expertise and long experience of doctors, as well as comprehensive examination and counseling of patients, ensure successful treatment results.
The service range in the field of aesthetic corrective dermatology covers:
- Surgical interventions
- Surgical eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Scar revision
- And other treatments
- Wrinkle treatment
- Collagen injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Fillers based on poly-L-lactic acid (in deep wrinkles, for example, on the forehead)
- Injections of botulinum toxin A
- And other procedures
- Laser treatment
- Hair removal (epilation)
- Removal of pigmented spots
- Removal of senile warts
- Laser treatment of couperose on the face
- Treatment of vascular spiders
- Tattoo removal
- And other services
- Treatment of excessive sweating
- Injections of botulinum toxin A (for example, in the underarms and palms)
- Surgical removal of sweat glands (curettage)
- And other treatment methods
- Acne and flat scars caused by acne
- Oily skin and enlarged pores
- Pigment spots
- Age-related wrinkles
- And other aesthetic treatments
In addition, the department treats all autoimmune skin diseases (on both an inpatient and outpatient basis). The medical team has all the modern diagnostic and treatment methods for autoimmune blistering diseases (pemphigus, bullous pemphigoid, linear IgA dermatosis) and connective tissue diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma).
Such diseases as psoriasis, eczema, parapsoriasis can be treated with modern radiation methods, which are often combined with the use of ointments or systemic medicines.
The specialists of the department have a unique experience in the treatment of various forms of photodermatosis (a disease caused by increased sensitivity to sunlight). The basis for eliminating such problems is the right choice of sunscreen for the skin. To accurately determine the type of photodermatosis and select an individual therapy, special diagnostic tests are conducted.
The most common dermatological diseases treated in the department are:
- Skin cancer
- Inflammatory skin diseases
- Autoimmune dermatoses
- Allergic reactions on the skin
- Skin infections
- Side effects of medications
- And other disease
- 1973 - 1980 Study of Medicine at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1980 Medical License.
- 1980 Defense of doctoral thesis (magna cum laude).
- 01.10.80 - 15.12.82 Postdoctoral Research fellow, University of Pennsylvania, Department of Dermatology (Prof. A. M. Kligman).
- 20.12.1982 Professional training at the University Hospital Düsseldorf (Head: Prof., Dr. med. G. Plewig).
- 15.07.1987 Medical Specialist in Dermatology and Venereology.
- 08.18.1987 Additional qualification in Allergology.
- 06.1988 Appointed as Senior Physician of the Department of Dermatology.
- 25.01.1990 Defense of doctoral dissertation and venia legendi, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- 17.12.1992 Invitation to the position of C3 Professor in Dermatology and Venereology, Department of Dermatology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 01.06.1994 Senior Physician of the Department of Dermatology, Personal Senior Physician, University Hospital Düsseldorf.
- 1995 Invitation to the position of C3 Professor, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Düsseldorf.
- 1995 Additional qualification in Environmental Medicine.
- 1997 - 31.10.2000 Leading Senior Physician, Deputy Head of the hospital.
- 01.11.2000 Chief Physician of the Department of Dermatology, HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal.
Membership in Scientific Societies
- Chairman of the Association of German Chief Physicians in Dermatology.
- Head of the German-speaking Working Group on Application of Photopatch Testing.
- Chairman of the Commission for the Quality of Photo(chemo)therapy and Photodiagnostics of the German Society of Dermatology.
- President of the Israeli-German Society of Dermatology.
- American Academy of Dermatology.
- European Academy of Dermatology.
- European Working Group on Photodermatology.
- European Society of Dermatological Research.
- Society of Diagnostic Dermatology.
- Working Group on Dermatological Research.
- German Society of Dermatology.
- Association of Dermatologists of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- German Working Group on Contact Allergology.
- Working Group on Professional Dermatology.
- Medical Conference in Düsseldorf, Working Group on Environmental Medicine.
Department of Dermatology.
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home