Natural childbirth (program ID: 393844)
HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal
Markus FleischSpecialized in: gynecology, obstetrics
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
For 2 weeks before birth:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- pelvic ultrasound
- gynecological examination:
- transvaginal ultrasound
- scraping with subsequent analysis
- fetal examination:
- 4 D sonography
- determine fetal position before delivery
- nursing services
- observation by chief physician and all leading experts
- maintaining an obstetrician until birth
Day of birth
- gynecological examination
- fetal examination
- childbirth natural
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- maintaining an obstetrician after birth
- examination during the postnatal period (during the first three weeks)
- control gynecological examinations during the postnatal period
- the first pediatric examination of the newborn
You may also book
About the department
The department at the HELIOS University Hospital Wuppertal offers the whole spectrum of modern gynecology and obstetrics. The department specializes in the treatment of oncological diseases of the female genital organs and breast. Within the framework of individual treatment programs, the very latest therapeutic methods and surgical techniques are used. The specialists of the department make every effort to maintain or restore both form and function of the female organs, if possible. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med.
Gynecological service range:
- Myomas, cysts, removal of the uterus (all methods)
- Treatment of congenital abnormalities of the genital organs
- Treatment of circulatory disorders
- Urogynecological problems: diagnostics, conservative and surgical treatment of female incontinence and weakened pelvic floor
- Minimally invasive gynecology (MIC-III Certificate), outpatient surgery
- Treatment of patients with endometriosis and chronic pain in the lower abdomen
- And other diseases
Malignant and underlying diseases
- Surgical treatment of dysplasia of the external genitalia and cervix
- Multivisceral surgery in progressive and recurrent tumors of the ovaries, uterus and external genitalia
- Minimally invasive surgery for cervical and endometrial cancer (fertility sparing surgery)
- Interdisciplinary consultations and treatment of patients with hereditary uterine cancer
- Interdisciplinary surgery for the treatment of metastases
- Sentinel lymph node surgery
- Reconstructive interventions
- Minimally invasive staging procedures
- Other treatments
A separate focus of the department is the treatment of breast cancer (the certified Breast Center). Here is offered the full range of conservative therapy (with the use of modern proven procedures), intraoperative radiation therapy and surgical treatment. More than 70% of patients undergo organ-preserving operations on the mammary gland. If the indications contradict this type of operation, patients are offered many reconstructive surgeries, for example, subcutaneous mastectomy with immediate reconstruction and preservation of the skin and nipple, breast augmentation or reduction depending on the specific clinical situation.
The spectrum of services in the field of breast diseases treatment:
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant breast diseases
- Organ-preserving breast surgery and oncoplastic surgery
- Sentinel lymph node surgery
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT)
- Plastic reconstructive operations on the mammary gland (for example, breast augmentation, reduction, lift)
- Neoadjuvant therapy methods
- uPA / PAI-1 testing (for detecting the need for chemotherapy)
- Multigene testing
- Chemotherapy (on both an inpatient and outpatient basis)
- Antibody therapy
- Participation in clinical trials for innovative therapies
- Genetic counseling
- And other diagnostic and treatment methods
In addition, the department offers first-class obstetric services. For many years, the department has been certified as the Perinatal Center with some of the highest fertility rates in North Rhine-Westphalia. All specialists of the department work hand in hand to provide individual, family-oriented obstetric services, safe for both mother and child. There is a successful experience in managing high-risk pregnancies.
- 1992 - 1998 Study of Medicine at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- 1998 - 2002 Trainee and Intern in the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery, Barmen Clinic.
- 2002 - 2004 Research Assistant of the Department of Gynecology at the University Düsseldorf.
- 2004 Admission to the Arizona Board of Medical Examiners for Arizona, USA.
- 2004 - 2005 Resident, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center, Tucson Arizona, Section of Gynecologic Oncology.
- 2005 - 2006 Research scholarship at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, USA.
- Visiting Fellow of the Department of Oncology, Ann Arbor, USA.
- 2008 Obstetrician and Gynecologist.
- Since 2008 Senior Physician in the Department of Gynecology, Düsseldorf University.
- 2010 Deputy Chief Physician of the Department of Gynecology, Düsseldorf University.
- 2012 - 2013 Appointment to the post of the Acting Chief Physician and Member of the Department of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.
- Appointed as a Visiting Professor in Gynecology and Obstetrics.