Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Mammology (26199)
Specialized in: mammology
About the department
The Department of Mammology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full range of medical services in the area of its specialization. The competence of the department's specialists includes counseling, diagnostics, treatment and follow-up monitoring for benign and malignant breast diseases. The main focus is on the treatment of breast cancer. The department is certified by the Swiss Cancer League, as well as by the Swiss Society of Senology. The department is headed by PD Dr. Nik Hauser.
The treatment is based on an interdisciplinary approach, which involves the participation of doctors from related disciplines – gynecologists, oncologists, radiation therapists, plastic surgeons and others. The treatment course is developed for each patient individually, taking into account particular clinical indications, age, stage of the disease and other factors.
As a rule, a detected breast tumor should be removed surgically. If the size of the tumor and the stage of cancer allow the doctors to perform a minimally invasive intervention, then such an operation is indicated. This type of surgery provides rapid recovery of the patient and minimal risks of complications. If possible, the surgeons preserve the breast. If it is not possible, then plastic reconstructive interventions are performed. The surgical treatment is complemented by such methods as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
In addition, the department's therapeutic offer is complemented by cancer rehabilitation programs. The purpose of such programs is to restore working capacity, improve self-esteem and maintain positive attitude, which in combination facilitates reintegration into everyday life.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostic options
- Ultrasound examinations
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Breast cancer staging
- Chest X-ray
- Liver ultrasound scan
- Bone scintigraphy to detect metastases
- Determination of tumor markers in the blood
- Therapeutic options
- Surgical treatment
- Minimally invasive interventions in case benign neoplasms (for example, fibroadenoma)
- Removal of sentinel lymph nodes
- Removal of the breast with its follow-up reconstruction using implants, prostheses and patient's own tissues
- Organ-preserving operations on the breast with follow-up targeted radiation therapy
- Reconstructive interventions on the breast
- Breast augmentation and reduction
- Radiation therapy
- Cancer rehabilitation after treatment course
- Nutrition counseling
- Psycho-oncological care
- Alternative medicine methods
- Surgical treatment
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic techniques
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast diseases.
- Breast surgery, including plastic surgery in case of breast cancer.
- Breast reconstructive surgery.
- Breast augmentation and reduction.
- Gynecological surgery.
- Minimally invasive surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery.
- Diagnostics and treatment of vulvar diseases.
- Diagnostics and treatment of ovarian and uterine diseases.
- Preventive gynecological examinations and consultations.
- Gynecologic oncology.
- Since September 2016 Head of the Department of Mammology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- February 2014 - September 2016 Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, as well as Board Member, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- 2012 Lecturer, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Zurich.
- January 2011 - January 2014 Deputy Chief Physician of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- April 2009 - January 2011 Leading Physician of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- August 2007 - March 2009 Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, as well as the Head of the Breast Center, Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- July 2002 - July 2007 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Ulm, Germany. Research Fellow at the Endocrinology and Cancer Laboratory in the Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Ulm, Germany.
- January 2002 - June 2002 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Basel.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- September 2014 PD in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich.
- January 2011 Auditor of the Swiss Cancer League and the Swiss Society of Senology responsible for the monitoring of the activities of the Breast Centers in Switzerland.
- August 2010 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics (focus on Gynecological Surgery and Obstetrics), Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- August 2009 Diploma of Senior Breast Surgeon certified by the Breast Center (certification of the German Cancer Society and the German Society of Senology).
- October 2007 Advanced training in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Federal Office for Public Health.
- July 2007 Board certification in Gynecology and Obstetrics, Medical Association of Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- November 2001 Doctoral Degree, Federal Office of Public Health.
- October 1995 - June 1999 Postdoctoral Fellow and Head of the Group on Protein Research, University Hospital Zurich.
- February 1995 - September 1995 Postdoctoral Fellow and Head of the Group on Protein Research, University of Cologne.
- 1995 - 2001 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Basel.
- June 1995 Doctor of Philosophy in Biochemistry.
- March 1992 - January 1995 Doctoral Student in Biochemistry, Müller Institute for Biomechanics, University of Bern, and Center for Biomechanics, University of Basel.
- December 1991 Master's Degree in Chemistry.
- 1987 - 1991 Study of Chemistry at the University of Basel.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Since 2011 Board Member of the Working Group on Gynecologic Oncology, Switzerland.
- Since 2011 Co-Editor of "Frauenheilkunde Aktuell".
- Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SGGG).
- Working Group on Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Gynecology, German Society for Gynecology and Obstetrics (DGGG).
- Swiss Society of Senology (SGS).
- German Society of Senology (DGS).
- Swiss Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (SGUM).
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- Advanced Training Academy of the Swiss Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SGGG).
- Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
Department of Mammology.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical coordinator will contact you within 24 hours and answer all questions that might interest you.
you will receive a reply shortly Home