Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Adult and Pediatric General, Abdominal Surgery (26203)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric general, abdominal surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric General, Abdominal Surgery at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full service range in the areas of its specialization. The department performs surgical treatment of abdominal diseases, including the esophagus, liver, gallbladder and pancreas. The department's surgeons have the expert knowledge and the necessary skills for sparing minimally invasive interventions, which are the gold standard of modern surgery. The minor surgical procedures are performed on an outpatient basis. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Remo Näf.
The department's surgical service range includes:
- Abdominal surgery
- Surgical treatment of inguinal hernias
- Surgical treatment of anterior abdominal wall hernias
- Surgical treatment of umbilical hernias
- Surgical treatment of incisional hernias
- Diagnostic abdominoscopy
- Surgical treatment of stomach diseases
- Laparoscopic separation of adhesions (adhesiolysis) in case of chronic abdominal pains
- Removal of some parts of the colon in case of diverticulum or tumors
- Surgical correction of rectal prolapse
- Proctological surgery
- Surgical treatment of hemorrhoids
- Surgical treatment of mucosal diseases
- Surgical treatment of anal fistulas and sinuses
- Surgical removal of anal tumors
- Surgical treatment of pilonidal disease
- Surgical treatment of fecal incontinence
- Surgical treatment of thyroid pathologies
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins
- Surgical treatment of traumatic abdominal injuries in adults and children
- Laser surgery (CO2 laser) for the removal of warts, tumors of the skin and mucous membranes, etc.
- Surgical treatment of severe chronic wounds
- Other therapeutic options
- Laparoscopic and open abdominal interventions.
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair surgery.
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, including surgical treatment of colorectal cancer.
- Proctological surgery – treatment of hemorrhoids, fistulas, pelvic organ prolapse, fecal incontinence, chronic constipation.
- Surgical interventions for abdominal injuries.
- Surgical interventions on thyroid gland.
- Surgical treatment of varicose veins.
- Surgical treatment of severe chronic wounds.
- 2005 Board certification in General Surgery and Traumatology, and then in Abdominal Surgery.
- 2001 - 2005 Senior Physician, Head of the Department of Laparoscopic Surgery, Colorectal Surgery and Proctology, as well as the Head of the Chronic Wound Healing Center.
- Since 2000 Lecturer in the Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich.
- 1994 - 2001 Work in the position of Senior Physician.
- 1992 - 2005 Work at the Stadtspital Waid in Zurich.
- 1992 - 1993 Work in the position of Assistant Physician.
- 1989 - 1992 Work in the Department of Surgery, University Hospital Zurich.
- 1987 - 1988 Work in the Department of General Surgery, Spital Richterswil.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Swiss Surgical Society (SGC).
- Swiss Society of Abdominal Surgery (SGV).
- Working Group on Coloproctology of the Swiss Medical Association (FMH).
- Swiss Surgeons Association (FMCH).
- Swiss Association of Assistant Doctors and Senior Physicians (VSAO).
- Swiss Society for Ultrasound in Medicine.
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- Medical Society of the Canton of Zug.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric General, Abdominal Surgery.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.