Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Traumatology (26207)
Specialized in: orthopedics, sports traumatology
About the department
The Department of Orthopedics and Sports Traumatology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full service range for the prevention, diagnostics, treatment and follow-up monitoring of patients with musculoskeletal diseases and injuries. The Chief Physician of the department is Dr. med. Charles Dumont.
The medical facility has an excellent medical and technical base, and also cooperates closely with the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology for highly accurate diagnostics (X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan, MRI, etc.). After obtaining the diagnostic results, the most effective therapeutic measures are individually prescribed for the patient. The therapeutic offer is complemented by quality rehabilitation, which is carried out in cooperation with the Cham Rehabilitation Center.
The department’s key clinical activities include:
- X-ray diagnostics
- Imaging diagnostics (ultrasound, CT, MRI, etc.) in collaboration with the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology
- Consultations and preventive measures in the following cases
- Incorrect or excessive physical exercises
- Conservative techniques
- Pain therapy
- Conservative treatment of arthrosis
- Surgical interventions
- Bone surgery
- Cartilage surgery
- Meniscal surgery
- Surgery for joint capsule and ligament rupture
- Surgery for muscle and tendon injuries
- Joint-preserving interventions for the correction of axial deformities of the lower limbs, stabilizing interventions
- Partial and total knee, hip, shoulder and ankle replacement surgery
- Surgical treatment of foot diseases and deformities
- Conservative techniques
- Rehabilitation (in cooperation with the Cham Rehabilitation Center)
- Sports rehabilitation
- Pre- and postoperative rehabilitation
- Sports massage
- Сardiovascular exercise
- Individual physical therapy
- Medical training therapy (MTT)
- Assessment of the athlete's physical capabilities
- Lymphatic drainage
- Manual therapy, as well as classic relaxing massage
- Other medical services
- Elbow and wrist surgery.
- Hand surgery.
- Peripheral nerve surgery.
- Microsurgical tissue transfer.
- Imaging-guided ultrasound diagnostics and interventions on the musculoskeletal system
- November 2011 - March 2019 Cancer Surgery, Deputy Head of the Sarcoma Center, Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Bern.
- 2006 - 2010 Senior Physician and Head of the Section for Reconstructive Surgery, Clinic Ziegler, Bern.
- 2000 - 2003 project Head "Bioengineering in the reconstruction of peripheral nerves", project № 4046-58630, implants/transplants NFP-46, National Foundation.
- 1997 - 2006 Head of the Section for Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Balgrist University Hospital, Zurich.
- February 1996 Invited Physician, Indiana Hand Center, Indiana, USA.
- 1995 - January 1996 Senior Physician, Department of Pediatric Orthopedics, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Trousseau University Hospital, Paris.
- 1993 - 1995 Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Avicenna University Hospital, Paris.
- 1992 - 1993 Research Fellow and Principal Investigator, Department of Neurobiology and Rehabilitation, Stanford University, USA.
- 1985 - 1992 Assistant Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Paris.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- 2010 Board certification in Hand Surgery, Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Bern.
- 2005 Board certification in Hand Surgery, Paris.
- 2004 Diploma of Doctor of Natural Science, Paris.
- 2002 Board certification in Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH), Bern.
- 1993 Master of Science in Neurobiology, Paris.
- 1992 Doctoral Degree in Medicine, Paris.
- 1992 Board certification in Orthopedic Surgery, Paris.
- 1992 Diploma in Hand Surgery, Paris.
- 1991 Diploma in Microsurgery, Paris.
- 1985 State Exam, Paris Descartes University, Paris.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Orthopedics and Sports Traumatology.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.