Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology (603733)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric diagnostic, interventional radiology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham offers the full range of modern imaging diagnostics, as well as imaging-guided therapeutic interventional procedures, including pain therapy. The department is headed by Dr. med. Wolfram Santner.
The department's doctors use state-of-the-art systems for classical radiography, mammography, sonography, computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). These diagnostic techniques provide 2D or 3D images of all organs and anatomical systems of the human body for an accurate diagnosis. Despite the high-tech infrastructure, the key focus is on humane attitude towards patients and high quality care.
The range of the department's diagnostic and therapeutic services includes:
- Diagnostic radiology
- Classic radiography
- Mammography for the diagnostics of benign and malignant breast neoplasms
- Ultrasound diagnostics, including 3D and panoramic images (to assess the condition of organs of the abdominal cavity and neck, including the thyroid gland, blood vessels, joints and breast)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Examinations of thoracic organs
- Examinations of bones, including for the detection of small bone fractures
- Examinations of abdominal organs
- Examinations of skull base, paranasal sinuses, middle ear
- Examinations of blood vessels
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), including MRI-guided vacuum breast biopsy
- Interventional radiology
- Pain therapy for spinal pains (CT-guided drug infiltration)
- Imaging-guided puncture
- Imaging-guided drainage
- Pediatric radiology
- Classic radiography
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Other medical services
- Breast imaging tests.
- Genitourinary imaging tests.
- Ultrasound scanning of the blood vessels.
- Imaging-guided minimally invasive procedures.
- Since November 2019 Member of the Medical Board of the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- Since August 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- March 2017 Member of the Executive Board of the Department of Mammology at the Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham.
- January 2015 Attending Physician in the Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Hirslanden Clinic Aarau.
- April 2013 - December 2015 Senior Physician in the Department of Radiology at the Cantonal Hospital Baden.
- November 2011 - March 2013 Senior Physician at the Breast Diagnostic Center in the Department of Radiology, University Hospital Bergen, Norway.
- July 2011 - October 2011 Senior Physician, Breast Health Center Tyrol, Department of Radiology, University Hospital Innsbruck, Austria.
- November 2005 - June 2011 Assistant Physician (Diagnostic Radiology), Department of Radiology, University Hospital Innsbruck, Austria.
- April 2005 - October 2005 Assistant Physician at the Military Hospital in Innsbruck within the main military service in the Austrian Armed Forces.
Higher Education and Postgraduate Training
- July 2019 Head of the Section of Abdominal Imaging, Swiss Society for Ultrasound in Medicine (SGUM).
- May 2017 Master of Health Management, University of Bern.
- January 2015 Advanced training diploma, Swiss Society of Radiology (SGR).
- 2014 Beginning of postgraduate training for Master of Healthcare Management at the University of Bern (Master's thesis on mammography).
- April 2013 Board certification in Radiology, Swiss Medical Association (FMH) and Aargau Medical Association.
- 2013 MIBB (minimally invasive breast biopsy) сertificate of the Swiss Society of Senology.
- September 2011 Board certification in Radiology by the Norwegian State Health Authority.
- July 2011 Board certification in Radiology, Austrian Medical Association.
- 2011 Advanced training diploma of the Austrian Medical Association.
- September 2010 Examination in Radiology for Medical Specialist, Vienna.
- February 2005 Doctoral thesis defense in MR spectroscopy and doctorate in Medicine.
- 1995 - 2004 Study of Human Medicine, Leopold-Franzens University Innsbruck.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 2019 Swiss Society for Ultrasound in Medicine.
- 2019 European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiology.
- 2016 Swiss Association for Ultrasound in Pediatrics.
- 2015 Swiss Society of Senology.
- 2015 European Society of Breast Imaging.
- 2013 Swiss Medical Association and Medical Association of Canton Aargau.
- 2013 Swiss Society of Radiology.
- 2012 Norwegian Association for Radiological Diagnostics of Breast Pathologies.
- 2011 Norwegian Society of Diagnostic Radiology.
- 2008 Radiological Society of North America.
- 2007 European Society of Radiology.
- 2005 Austrian Society of Radiology.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Hirslanden AG
Department of Adult and Pediatric Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology.
Hirslanden Andreasclinic Cham Zug Cham:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.